Consumer Communications Lead
The heart of this role is to tell about Microsoft Stories, how our stories can really change the life and help people to achieve more. At Microsoft, our stories start with real people of action. By telling their stories—about what drives them, and why they achieve what they do—we can create emotional connections that break through to ultimately shift the perception of Microsoft. Our technology empowers people—it supports the journey of amazing people on the planet whose achievements hold us in awe. While people will experience and love our products, Microsoft is at the core of the customer connection. It’s the lead brand when they make transactions, get support, and engage directly with us. Our brand reflects what’s at the core of our mission. Every offering and experience from Microsoft contributes towards and benefits from our higher promise of empowerment. We give people tools that help them achieve more—at home, at work, at play, and on the go—every single day. Technologies, programs, suites, solutions, channels and experiences that cross, integrate or converge our offerings, signaling how customers can use and benefit from our larger ecosystem.
In particular I’m responsible to drive the perception of all consumer products and services: from Xbox to Windows 10, from Surface to Smartphone, from design stories to future technologies
- Show continued momentum and drive demand for Windows 10 and devices with consumers.
- Build new influencers and increase advocacy for Windows 10 and devices like Surface and Xbox Lumia.
- Position Windows 10 as the leading innovator in more personal computing.
- Drive clear story and information about privacy: in our connected and transparent world people care deeply about security and privacy
- Create momentum about future technology: interacting with technology should be as natural as interacting with people – using voice, pen, gestures and even gaze for the right interaction, in the right way, at the right time. Technology should be out of the way and apps, services and content should move with people across devices, seamlessly and easily.
- Our design Story: design for Microsoft is not only about the hardware itself but it’s really about how people can use the devices, how the devices can help people every single day and how they can become part of their life. To do so we need to create a story with an emotional connection that will always win over listing technical specifications. In order to achieve this, locally we create event and opportunities to include our devices in fashion, design and lifestyle events
Issues Management. I’m part of the Issues management team within the communications organization. We’re focused on blunting and mitigating negative media activity to help protect the company image, reputation, and product brands. We manage issues during key moments, as well as the day-to-day issues which may impact our products & services or the company’s reputation.
New Building project: I’m also involved in the new project about the change of the company building in Milan. This move will impact in the way we work and for this reason we are creating a new set of rules under the Microsoft vision of Smartworking 4.0 . This change will have an impact also in the interior design to reflect the new way of working. I’m involved also in the steering group with the external consultant to choose all the fornitures of the new building