Dec 2012 - Present
I-225 Rail Line Public Information Manager
Regional Transportation District
- Lead public information outreach as the manager of the project public information team and contractor public information team.
- Strategically plan overall outreach for the construction project to ensure effective public education and construction messages; maintain communication consistent with RTD and FasTracks messaging goals.
- Develop work plans for specific public outreach and anticipate potential issues and appropriate communication tools to implement.
- Manage day-to-day public information activities including: managing the project Public Information Specialist; managing annual project budget; act a liaison between the project team, the RTD and FasTracks teams, the contractor PI team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key corridor partners, stakeholders and elected officials including RTD Board Members.
- Plan and implement events to mark key milestones on the construction project.
- Maintain internal relations between FasTracks team and project team.
- Develop collateral material, videos and news releases for the project.
- Oversee contractor public information team to ensure timely and effective notification of construction activities to the public, partners and stakeholders.
Feb 2000 - Dec 2012
FasTracks Public Information Specialist
- Effectively performed the functions of Public Information Liaison for three light rail corridors on the FasTracks transit expansion program; maintained a flow of information about the status and progress of the projects creating and disseminating information throughout all stages.
- Led and trained consultant teams on corridor projects ensuring all messages and collateral were consistent and supported the overall FasTracks team communication goals.
- Interacted with elected officials and stakeholders building key relationships to ensure two-way communication during the life of corridor transit projects.
- Planned and implemented high profile special events to mark milestones on the FasTracks program and corridor projects for key stakeholders, elected officials, and the public; led events from initiation through planning, staffing, and execution of final event.
- Conducted stakeholder and public outreach by planning and implementing public meetings throughout various phases of FasTracks projects. Developed presentations and presenting them to interested organizations within the community.
- Researched, wrote and edit collateral material, news releases, and other outreach materials for the FasTracks program and projects, following all AP style guidelines. Materials included newsletters, education campaigns pieces, special event collateral, and videos.
- Developed and implemented with IT department and an outside consultant a public and stakeholder comment tracking system for use throughout the entire FasTracks program on all transit corridor projects; trained new staff and consultants on the system and when new staff and consultants joined the team.
- Maintained and coordinated website content and modifications; worked as a liaison with the RTD IT department to assure timely updates.
- Developed social media campaigns by strategically developing plans for communicating key information to Facebook fans and Twitter followers for the FasTracks program; developed plans that encourage conversation through the agency’s social media outlets.
Feb 2006 - Nov 2006
RTD Sales Executive
- Conducted sales presentations of RTD transit pass products to potential customers; provided overview information of products available to companies.
- Managed the RTD Neighborhood Eco Pass employee transit pass program; provided information to potential customers, and coordinated with Market Research to develop maps and pricing for existing and potential customers.
- Developed outreach materials and mailings to generate new business.
- Administered renewal of student pass agreements with University of Colorado at Boulder, Auraria Higher Education Center and Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design.
Feb 2000 - Feb 2006
RTD Marketing Assistant
- Managed the marketing of assigned programs by developing marketing plans and implementing tactics such as print, radio, television, billboard and bus board advertising, direct marketing, and special event outreach.
- Coordinated production of radio and television advertisements collaborating with creative vendors and television stations, arranging for talent and video shoot locations.
- Collaborated with outside advertising agencies and external and internal creative teams to develop successful marketing campaigns for assigned programs.
- Reviewed and analyzed results of campaigns to measure effectiveness using follow-up surveys and assessments.
- Coordinated production of collateral pieces for high profile projects including, transit ridership special events and rail grand opening events.
- Managed special event sponsorship solicitation; activities included developing a sponsorship package to obtain prize/gift sponsors for major special events including the annual RideSmartThursdays ridership campaign.
- Planned specific special event tasks, including the recruitment, staffing, and training of volunteers for major events including the RideSmartThursdays events and the Southwest Light Rail three-day grand opening events.
- Provided support to Senior Marketing Manager.
Jun 1991 - May 1995
Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Arts
University of Colorado at Denver