My objective is to join a growing, passionate organization whose culture matches its mission. I intend to bring my quick mind, CPA and Wharton MBA coupled with my outstanding leadership skills to add immediate and long term value to the organiziation
I have a proven track record of delivering value and engaging teams around complex and challenging task
- At my last company I reduced the burn of $800k to zero in 9 months
- I implemented a budgeting system to launch right before we were acquired
- I reduced the close time from 25 days to 2 days
- I've gathered three different groups of at least 12 to come together to implement an action team to solve issues
- I ran finance in every division of Retail at Charles Schwab
- I've led short and long term strategic planning.
I'm a quick study and will run through walls for you.
May 2007 - Present
Accounting & Finance Consultant
- Work with small and midsize companies providing part time controller services
- Build financial models for start-ups helping to direct the business through scenario analysis
Jan 2007 - May 2008
Head of Finance
My responsibility was to get the company as attractive as possible for acquisition which happened. It included cutting the cash burn and iimplementing the right type of accountability throughout the organziation.
- Reduced cash burn from $800k per month to break even in 8 months
- Created financial metrics and dashboard reporting to measure and drive growth
- Reduced month end close process from 20 to 2 days
- Led SOP 97-2 revenue recognition implementation
- Led acquisition related financial integration efforts.
Sep 2005 - Sep 2007
I consulted for two large organziations that needed assistance gathering their senior management team across departments to acheive a high priority problematic objective.
- I worked with Sales/Marketing/Finance/IT/HR/Underwriting/Actuarial
- I created a 12 month execution plan that would sole the issue that was successfully implemented
- I saved the company millions of dollars and increased productivity with the project plan
- I did so coming in with no insurance experience, I'm a quick study.
The project at Wells Fargo was very similar.
Oct 2001 - Aug 2007
I attempted to build a consultancy around helping entrepreneurs pitch to and raise money from investors. I have an extensive network of seed and VC investors. My client roster included UGOBE, TraceDetect, Three Rings among others.
May 1996 - Oct 2001
Director Retail Finance/Risk Management
- Reduced bad debt expense almost 50% from $6MM to $3MM in one year by re-designing process and team members in the collections group
- Led a cross organizational committee of 17 executives to re-design and improve the processes and customer service for the Restricted Stock Servie
- Created and reported on budgets monthly including variance analysis and ongoing budget to actual performance
- Created annual and 3 year strategic plans
- Saved almost $200,000 annually re-negotiating key 3rd party vendor contracts
- Ran a 15 person collections shop to collect on margin debts
- Served every division in Retail Finance (Branches, Call Centers, Back Office Operations, Marketing, etc.)
Aug 1991 - Apr 1996
- Led the largest mutual fund engagements in the company (with a staff of up to 25)
- Completed a 6 month rotation in Melbourne Australia
- Worked with several acquisitions of professional sports teams (including the Oakland Athletics and the Sacramento Kings)
Aug 2001 - Jun 2003
Wharton Business School
I was part of the first group of students that came through the WEMBA west program. I was chairperson of the executive speaker committee and brought in such speakers as:
- Meg Whitman
- David Pottruck
- Lew Platt
- Wim Roelandts
We also took a trp to Hong Kong which further developed my understanding of global business.