Senior Flash Developer
Scripps Networks Interactive
Responsibilities are to lead, research, strategize, conceptualize, prototype, design and develop Flash Platform applications, widgets, and components for sites including but not limited to HGTV.com, FoodNetwork.com, DIYNetwork.com, FineLiving.com, GACtv.com, HGTVPro.com, FrontDoor.com and Recipezaar.com.
- Conceptualized and developed new strategies allowing content editors to easily add video to Scripps properties while unifying the video viewing experience for 300+ million users resulting in an increase of 61% more video plays than the previous applications from Q4 2006 to Q4 2007
- Participated in multiple disruptive innovation experiments while winning group challenges and being selected to escalate 2 personal ideas, out of 4 total accepted from all of Scripps, for consideration as new disruptive businesses
- Participated in a pilot team of 3 members used to research Scripps’s innovation efforts and the ability to generate and build new businesses which resulted in 35+ ideas with multiple prototypes and presentations to senior management
- Designed and developed new strategies to monetize video including a cue point video player allowing users to click time sensitive links while viewing the video, resulting in a 17% click through rate over .5% from standard advertising
- Developed a strategy and workflow to enable all Scripps Flash content to be accessible to Search Engines while offering the richest experience to Flash enabled users and simple experience for non. The plan allows for multiple distribution techniques with a single entry point for content owners to manage.
- Lead the efforts to implement Omniture tracking on 100% of RIA’s resulting in multiple optimization decisions from A/B and iterative testing. Some optimization decisions resulted in of 34% more video plays, 35% more video completions and an increase from 2% to 32% in video overlay click through rate.
- Designed and developed Food Network’s first widget for the Chumby as well as Chumby’s first food related content delivering a new recipe to the user’s device daily
- Developed Food Network’s first Facebook application titled Cupcakes allowing users to build and customize cupcakes and send them to their friends while generating 1000+ new users to FoodNetwork.com recipes every month
- Responsible for 40+ applications, widgets, and components across Scripps properties