A senior manager with over 15 years experience in the Investment Banking industry, in both IT and Front Office roles. Proven record of delivering complex programmes of work to multiple stakeholders across different geographies, employing both in-house and external resources (on and offshore). Combines excellent leadership and communication skills, a deep knowledge of business and technology, and a results-oriented approach to deliver solutions that provide tangible benefits to the business.
Jan 2008 - Dec 2008
UBS Investment Bank
As an Executive Director in the Equities COO Office, most recently oversaw the Equities Technology portfolio and client-facing infrastructure, representing a total spend of $400 million per annum.
- Introduced a bank-wide investment appraisal methodology to Equities planning cycle to maximise ROI; also delivered a portfolio proposal that supported key business initiatives, despite a 20% budget cut.
- Facilitated the off-shoring of Equities Sales support and MI processes, decreasing staff costs and increasing process capacity.
- Transitioned client data management resources from Equities to a scalable bank-wide utility, reducing front office costs and increasing capacity for client data changes.
- Selected to represent the Equities business on the governance group for the Bank-wide client reference data programme, a $50 million multi-year strategic initiative.
Oct 2000 - Dec 2007
Led a programme in the Equities business to develop a suite of CRM applications with a 20-member team, a $15 million annual budget and total programme spend of $60 million. Liaised closely with the matrix-managed personnel of the IT delivery team.
- Successfully instituted an in-house operational and analytical CRM platform for 2,000 users worldwide, expanding user productivity and performance with forecasted savings of $25 million per annum.
- Co-authored a 3-year strategy for the client relationship management infrastructure in the Equities business; later adopted as the 'blueprint' for application development.
- Member of the governance group for the Equities Research and Distribution technology portfolio, which contained four major programmes with a combined annual budget of $30 million.
- Promoted to this position after managing the implementation of a group of 3rd party CRM applications (Oracle) and tools for cross-business client management duties with a $5 million annual budget. This affected the Equities, Fixed Income and FX businesses with over 3,000 users companywide.
May 1998 - Jul 2000
Credit Suisse First Boston
Fully accountable for developing, rolling out and supporting a global CRM system for Equity Sales and Research functions. Built, motivated and supervised a team of 20 professionals with a $5 million annual budget.
- Successfully deployed this 3rd party application to over 1,000 users in all major locations worldwide.
- Also introduced a global research distribution system for this group with Technimetrics CMS, greatly reducing support costs vs. the previous in-house platform.
Jan 1997 - Apr 1998
Senior Technical Architect
Barclays de Zoete Wedd
Tasked with defining and managing the strategic application architecture for the Equities IT Architecture Group. Also seconded to the BZW Equities SETS project to manage infrastructure and architecture.
- Implemented the infrastructure for the Equities trading application platform (Fidessa) and its associated networks, making it available for the launch of SETS trading.
Oct 1995 - Dec 1996
Chief Technical Architect
Mocom Systems (UK) Ltd
Chief Technical Architect for a niche Australian financial services software company. Responsible for the creation and management of application standards, components and infrastructure for key software products.
- Designed and implemented an object-oriented client/server application architecture for Mocom's settlement system platform, which was deployed at a leading investment bank in Hong Kong.
Oct 1992 - Sep 1995
IT Development Manager
Swiss Bank Corporation
Directed the management and maintenance of the bank's Equity settlement system, as well as its replacement, the Wilco Gloss application. Also served as Systems Administrator for the London Equity settlement platform.
- Gained hands-on expertise in daily front-line support, release control and in-house modifications.
Nov 1989 - Sep 1992
Price Waterhouse Management Consultants
Formed and managed teams of cross-functional professionals in starting and completing a variety of mission-critical engagements for a diverse clientele.
- Facilitated a project to design a system to track and monitor costs and placements of homeless families for a London local area authority.
- Team-led the creation of a sales accounting sub-system for a Europe-wide systems development programme for an international oil firm; handled all aspects of conception, testing and final acceptance.
- As Analyst/Programmer, developed a retail automation system for another multinational oil company.