A Human Resources professional with over 10 years of progressive experience. Strong HR generalist background developed through successive experience through multiple industries. A leader with the ability to implement workforce changes profitably and systematically. Able to establish credibility with diverse groups including executives and line managers. Provides innovative solutions to complex issues.
Dec 2007 - Present
Lead efforts to develop programs and processes that increased the overall effectiveness of the organization. Coached Executive Directors in investigations and resolving employee relation issues. Project management lead for initiatives including policies and procedures, performance reviews, job descriptions, affirmative action plans, and management training.
- Project lead for implementing an online recruiting system that enhanced our ability to recruit and retain talent.
- Implemented online assessment screening process for 60 healthcare and residential facilities.
- Enhanced the background check and drug screening process which resulted in a savings of $50,000 annually and maintained compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Assisted in resolving EEOC charges and Workers Compensation claims.
- Developed reports on HR metrics.
- Implemented and maintained affirmative action plans for five facilities.
- Authored 13 employee handbooks and various policies.
Mar 2004 - Dec 2007
Provide HR leadership to Senior Vice President and regional directors. Created HR practices to support the branch’s business models. Investigate and resolve employee relation issues. Spearhead employee development programs including communication of core values, performance reviews, training, and leadership development. Monitor branch health through HR metrics.
- Reviewed consultant profiles for marketability, resulting in a realignment that decreased branch expenses by $2.25 million annually.
- Spearheaded Employee Engagement study.
- Managed responses to unemployment insurance claims.
- Supervised off-assignment center staff.
- Conducted Marketing for Success and Managing for Inclusion training.
Oct 1999 - Oct 2003
Assistant Manager HR Planning
Perform HR Generalist duties including recruitment, performance, promotion, salary and grade recommendations, and work unit restructuring. Advise departments in employment laws, testing, and selection methods. Responsible for supporting 12 departments. Presented executive reports regarding employee turnover, affirmative action, and succession planning.
- Hired over 600 employees for union and exempt positions across 22 states.
- Successfully helped transition departments through voluntary separation program which resulted in the elimination of 550 positions.
- Completed the integration of pre-employment selection testing with promotion system.
- Implemented and supervised 3 person HR help desk.
- Created reporting tool using PHP and SQL*Plus connected to an Oracle Server.
Sep 1997 - Sep 1999
Training and Development Coordinator
Reviewed and addressed the training needs of the post-closing department. Conducted job analysis on associate positions. Worked with departments on interviewing and selection techniques.