Over 20 years experience, including supporting award-winning global advertising agencies, servicing powerhouse brands such as Cadillac, HUMMER, Ford, Jeep, and Chevy.A strong background in the Product Insight and Strategic Planning disciplines, layered with Media and PR experience.Integral contributor to the communications development process at the local, national, and global levels. Detailed, thorough, discerning, strategic thinker; expert at developing product-backed, powerful marketing claims and copy.Proficient in liaising between technical and marketing communities to help create value-based marketing propositions.Strong process, ideation, research, selling, training, and presentation skills.
Management position using my product knowledge, strategic thinking, and supervisory skills.
- ’94 Product Information Analyst, Campbell-Ewald
- ’91 - ’94 Media Planner, then PI Specialist, Campbell-Mithun-Esty
- ’90 - ’91 Sales/Marketing Intern, Detroit Monthly Magazine
- ’89 Public Relations Intern, Chevrolet Motor Division
Dec 2009 - Present
Product Insight Consultant
Jul 2006 - Dec 2009
Product Insight Director
Cadillac and HUMMER
- Led department responsible for articulating product feature/function/benefit insights; owner of product accuracy for Cadillac and HUMMER brand deliverables.
- Provided in-depth competitive/market analysis; developed strategic and creative solutions consistent with business objectives via unearthing and leveraging market advantages.
- Managed the product information component of digital assets, from definition to production to distribution; expert in traditional photo shoot and CGI/math data approaches.
- Interfaced significantly with senior level clients, including Engineering, Brand, Advertising and Planning teams; collaborated closely with stakeholders to secure approvals.
Mar 2002 - Jul 2006
Sr. Product Insight Specialist
- Participated in the Cadillac renaissance of increased awareness, consideration, and relevance; four consecutive years of sales growth and significant portfolio expansion.
- Delivered compelling, strategically targeted claims, analysis, and copy development.
- Launched an Internet site for Cadillac vehicle information that greatly enhanced Product Insight exchange between client and suppliers. www.cadillacproductinfo.com
Mar 2001 - Feb 2002
- Provided product, marketing, and competitive consultation for the Ford Motor Company.
- Interfaced with key members of various Ford brand, platform, design, and launch teams.
- Developed and presented client requested studies, including: Crossover Vehicles, Empty Nest Leading Edge Boomers, Heritage/Nostalgia, and Alternative Fuel Vehicles.
Sep 1994 - Mar 2001
Product Information Manager
Jeep and Dodge
- Supervised the global Jeep (FCB/Bozell) and Dodge Dakota (BBDO) Product Teams, managing the information analysis process between internal departments, Engineering, and Marketing clients.
- Actively contributed in the creative development process, from initial strategic inception, through client approvals, and ultimately to final production.
Bachelor of Science- Business Administration
Graduated Summa Cum Laude, 1990