Lead Kindergarten Teacher
- Developed a structured learning environment with clearly communicated expectations that encouraged students to perform at a high level of excellence.
- Collaborated with staff and administration to create developmentally appropriate learning activities for a diverse body of students ranging from the ages of 4 to 12.
- Pursued professional development opportunities including observations, research, teacher partnerships, and speakers.
- Prepared and presented a workshop on Literacy in the Classroom for a regional staff professional development day.
- Created innovative and engaging learning activities while utilizing SMARTBoard Technology to enhance and supplement the learning curriculum.
- Communicated with parents on a regular basis through the use of e-mails, conferences, open houses, and a weekly newsletter in order to partner with families in the educational process.
- Conducted student learning and skill assessments on an ongoing basis through the use of student portfolios, narrative assessments, and quarterly report cards based on a comprehensive set of state standards.