Program and Training Specialist - Education
Within the Programmatic functions of this post, I:
- Designed, Implement and Monitor the 5-year country-wide program strategy which supports Community Education Development within coastal and indigenous communities across Guyana;
- Plan and participate in consultative meetings with government officials to discuss areas of need and determine future Volunteer placements;
- Visit each of these communities to conduct needs assessments and develop comprehensive job descriptions for each educational institution where a Volunteer is needed so that Peace Corps Headquarters can recruit volunteers with requisite skills; and
- Manage approximately 32 Volunteers annually.
Within the Training component of my portfolio, I:
- Design 27-month technical training curricula utilizing interactive Adult Learning Principles and Non-Formal Education Techniques for incoming Education Volunteers; and
- Facilitate training in Education Techniques and Teaching Methodologies and Practices (approximately 200 hours over a 10 week period) as well as the basics of Sustainable Community Development and Project Design and Management.
The Administrative component encompasses:
- Personal and Professional Coaching
- Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation processes related to the Programme through Annual and Quarterly Reporting, Grants Management and Training as well as Resource Development and Management.
Awarded: Embassy of The United States of America Georgetown, Guyana's Honor Award (2013) for outstanding performance in the implementation of the global/agency wide Focus In/Train Up Strategy.