To pursue a PhD degree in computer science to qualify for a full-time research and teaching position in the field of Mobile Computing & Networking.
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Complex Network Theory
- Nunes Jr, A. B. "A Comparative Study of WiMax and UMTS/HSDPA Wireless Broadband Technologies". Completion of Course Work. B.Sc in Information Systems. Fa7 College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2010. Work In Progress.
- Borges N., C. R. "UTM: Unified Threat Management in Corporate Environments". Completion of Course Work. Post-graduate in Computational Systems Security & Administration. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2009.
- Lima, L.G.G. "A Study on Information Security: The Case of The Ceará IT State Company (ETICE)". Completion of Course Work. Post-graduate in Computational Systems Security & Administration. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2009.
- Lima, A.Q. "A Remote Desktop Environment based on LTSP". Completion of Course Work. Post-graduate in Computational Systems Security & Administration. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2009.
- Matos, G.M. "A Study on Secure Mobile Communication Using WAP". Completion of Course Work. Post-graduate in Computational Systems Security & Administration. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2007.
- Sofia, L. "Digital Inclusion Citizenship in the Computer World". Volunter Work. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2005.
- Neto, F.D. "Implementing Automated Tests in Java". Completion of Course Work. B.Sc. in Information Systems. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2004.
- Queiroz, E.S. "Comparative Analysis of Tools for Indexing of Digital Archives". Completion of Course Work. B.Sc. in Information Systems. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2004.
- Jamil, P.O. "The Incremental and Iterative Approach in Software Development". Completion of Course Work. B.Sc. in Information Systems. FIC College. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2004.
TOEFL 97: 27(R); 28 (L); 18 (S); 24 (W). Test taken August, 2009GRE: 450 (V), 750 (Q), 3.0 (A). Test taken April, 2010
Technical Evaluation Committee Member for Infobrasil Conference 2009
Member of ACM since 2008
Member of IEEE since 2010
Results for Civil Service Exams Taken:
- 1st place. Assistant Professor at Federal Institue of Education, Science and Technology (IFET-CE). Maracanaú, CE, Brazil. 2008.
- 2nd place. Assistant Professor at Fortaleza University (UNIFOR). Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 2008.
- 1st place. Systems Analyst at Federal Data Processing Company (SERPRO). Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 1997.
- 3rd place. Systems Analyst at Ceará Regional Electoral Court (TRE-CE). Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 1995.
- 1st place. Systems Analyst at Ceará State Telecommunication Company (Teleceará). Fortaleza, CE, Brazil. 1994.
Munjal, A., Mota, T., Camp, T. Exploring Social Interactions via Multi-Modal Learning. Pervasive 2012. New Castle, UK.
Mota, T. An Architecture for Provision of QoS on the Internet (portuguese). MS Dissertation. PUC-RJ. 2001.
M.S. from Brazil's top ranked computer science program15 years of experience working in the IT field10 years of teaching experience
1999 - 2001
MS in Computer Science
Thesis: An Architecture for QoS Provision on the InternetAdvisor: Dr. Luiz Fernando Gomes SoaresPUC-RJ ranked as the top computer science graduate program by the Brazilian Ministry of EducationAwarded a full fellowship from the Brazilian Ministry of Science and Technology through its National Counsel of Technological and Scientific Development
1990 - 1993
BS in Computer Science
Aug 2006 - Present
IT Infrastructure Coordinator
- Direct a team responsible for maintaining the TRE-CE network infrastructure. TRE-CE is a state court of justice subordinate to Brazil´s national TSE and is responsible for conducting fully automated national and state election processes in the state of Ceará. TRE-CE's network infrastructure includes a WAN composed of more than 100 communication links (dial-up, MPLS, radio and DSL).
- Maintain state headquarter IT infrastructure which includes:
- 20 server data-center
- over 1,000 desktop workstations
- WI-FI network
- VOIP service
- CCTV surveillance network video cameras
- video conference system
- Enforce IT security policies (access control, authorization and backup & restoration)
- Implementation of a mobile voter service. WI-FI notebook network in a bus using a 3G Internet link secured by a Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnel to the main network
- Single Sign-On (SSO) project resulting in access control unification among various network services in a centralized directory user base. Project presented at the First Electoral Justice IT Forum (2007).
- Implementation of a Voice Over IP (VOIP) solution based on open-source software which resulted in a substantial economy in the annual costs of telephony.
Jan 2009 - Jul 2011
Degree Program: BS in Information SystemsCourses Taught
- Computer Networks
- Formal Languages, Automata and Computability
Jul 2001 - Jul 2009
Degree Programs: B.S. in Information Systems and Technical Courses in System Analysis & Development, Game Development, and Computer NetworksCourses Taught
- Client/Server Computing
- Distributed Computing
- Programming Logic
- Distributed Object Programming
- Scripting Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
- Internet Programming
- Computer Networks
- Computer Architecture
- Information Systems Administration
2007 - 2009
FIC is part of the group Estácio University, one of the largest private universities in Brazil.
Degree Program: Post-graduate in Computational Systems Security & AdministrationCourses Taught
- Scripting Programming
- Cryptography & Digital Certificates
- Internet Application Security & Electronic Commerce
Jun 2005 - Aug 2006
IT Network Manager
- Directed team responsible for maintaining the state's federal justice court network infrastructure which included:
- Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) WAN that connects secondary subsections located throughout the state of Ceará
- Over 400 desktop workstations
- Video conference system
- VOIP telephony infrastructure
Mar 2001 - Jun 2005
Responsible for software analysis and design, including the coordination of a development team. Keynote project was a state toll-free voter information system operating since 2002 elections. Completed a Sun Microsystem Certified Java Programmer certification.
Nov 1995 - Jan 1999
Network Support Technician
Responsible for network support, including cabling and network configuration of operation systems, switches and routers. Completed a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineering (MCSE) certification in Windows NT 4.0
Nov 1994 - Nov 1995
Ceará State Telecommunication Company (Teleceará)
Responsible for the development of telecommunication projects and meeting with potential customers. Following privatization in 1996 this company became Telemar and later Oi.