Master of Science in Accountancy
Jun 2009 - May 2010
Aug 2005 - May 2009
Bachelor of Arts with Honors
- Double Major in Psychology and Business (Organization and HR Management); Minor in Biology
- GPAs: Psychology: 3.80/4.00; Business: 3.69/4.00; Overall: 3.51/4.00
- Dean's List
Sep 1999 - Jun 2003
International Baccalaureate Diploma
High School Diploma
- Varsity Volleyball - participated in tournaments in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Kobe, Japan
- Junior Varsity Soccer
- The Hague International Model United Nations (THIMUN) - Layout coordinator and reporter for student run newspaper MUNITY - The Hague, Netherlands
- Beijing Model United Nations (BeiMUN) - Layout coordinator and reporter for student run newspaper Beiwatch - Beijing, China
- Interscholastic Association of Southeast Asian Schools (IASAS) Model United Nations - Delegate of Kuwait in the General Assembly - Taipei, Taiwan
- GPA: 4.05/4.30
Sep 1997 - Jun 1998
- GPA: 4.00/4.00
Dec 2010 - Present
- Manage own book of business in providing clients with advice on financial matters and making recommendations on how best to utilise their money for near and future goals.
Jul 2010 - Dec 2010
Financial Services Tax Associate
- Responsible for portfolio of 40 clients with respect to corporate tax compliance; assist in analysis, computation, and filing of income taxes as well as responding to queries by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
- Coordinated cross-border teams for large-scale due diligence and request for proposal (RFP) projects - the only associate (new-hire) in the department to be placed on such projects with partners, directors, and managers.
Jun 2008 - Dec 2008
Olin Business School Consulting Practicum – National Fund for Excellence in American Indian Education (NFEAIE)
- Led 6-member team to establish $15M fund by formulating a business plan designed to allocate private funds to American Indian schools and above all, to improve educational opportunities for American Indian children.
- Liaised with U.S. Department of Interior (Washington D.C.) and executive director of Fund (Arizona) for approval of business plan which paved the way for subsequent team’s success.
May 2008 - Aug 2008
Human Resources and Workforce Development Intern
Founded in 2004, Datotel is a Saint Louis based IT firm specializing in data storage, managed services, disaster recovery, and insourcing for small to medium sized companies in the Saint Louis region.
- Spearheaded a corporate Sabbatical Program with up to $42,000 savings per year, aimed at promoting community service while boosting leadership roles in nonprofit sectors.
- Consulted for Datotel to revise HR policies and initiate workforce development projects; Identified key areas of improvement and redeveloped Discipline Policy and annual Performance Review Plan
Feb 2008 - Apr 2008
- Developed new business strategy in 4-person team to increase revenue streams for an expanding nonprofit gift store that funds the Elizabeth Gray Danforth Scholarship Endowment; project included identifying unmet student needs and presenting new store concept and merchandising ideas to the Women’s Society and Washington University Board of Trustees.
May 2007 - Aug 2007
Singapore Armed Forces - Human Resources Shared Services Center
- Streamlined and optimized HR work processes between newly centralized HRSSC office and various units of the SAF; eliminated redundancies and allocated essential functions by leveraging strengths of various departments in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency; project completed in half the time allotted.
- Edited job descriptions of civil service positions for external/online recruitment for Armed Forces positions.
- Promoted from 2nd Lieutenant (2LT) to Lieutenant (LTA) within two months.
Jun 2006 - Jul 2006
- Created and presented a team project to physicians with objective to reinforce Chinese smoking laws in restaurants and to enable consumers to make informed decisions when patronizing restaurants.
- Prepared for collaboration with magazines that target expatriate communities to promote law-abiding restaurants in restaurant guides and to feature health articles on smoking related issues.
- Gained firsthand experience working in a hospital environment and seeing patients with physicians.
Aug 2003 - Aug 2005
Singapore Armed Forces - Officer Cadet School
Assistant Manpower Officer
- Awarded ‘Best in Platoon’ during Basic Military Training (awarded to 4 of 200 soldiers in company).
- Earned Jungle Survival badge and graduated as 2nd Lieutenant (2LT) from Officer Cadet School (OCS).
- Served as sole Assistant Manpower Officer (Asst. HR Manager equivalent) at OCS; led 5-member team that managed in-processing, posting assignments, and daily administrations of over 1000 local and foreign students.