Director, Quality Reliability Assurance
Ceterus Networks, Inc
Architected and managed the company-wide business management system (BMS) compliant to TL9000, with integrated CMMI requirements for product development.
- Defined and implemented comprehensive quality control and assurance processes at Tier-1 contract manufacturer (CM). Through comprehensive testing strategies involving AOI, boundary scan (JTAG), functional and burn-in tests, achieved first pass yield results of 97% and an all pass yield of 99% (scrap rate less than 1%).
- Achieved a 50% reduction in NPI time-to-market (TtM) by providing project management leadership for the cross-functional design and operations team that introduced a new, strategically important optical CPE product from concept through pilot production within nine months versus normal 18 months for previous products.
- Led the executive-level problem resolution and failure analysis team and the associated corrective and preventive action processes. Improved on-time response to critical and major customer problems from 70% to 100% within 3 months. Maintained a 100% on-time performance for the next 27 months.
- Instituted a reliability assurance process that resulted in all new products having better than “five 9” performance.
- Introduced and integrated Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) into the design verification process along with Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) for on-going production.
- Led the configuration/change management processes for all vital intellectual property as process owner. Facilitated a cross-functional, executive level Change Control Board (CCB). Utilized contemporary meeting management techniques to streamline and increase meeting effectiveness.
- Participated as a principal in the screening, qualification and selection process of a new Tier-1 CM. Achieved transfer from Tier-2 to Tier-1 CM’s within 3 months. Engineered and qualified production and test processes within 90 days achieving a 97% first pass yield with new Carrier Grade Ethernet and Routing products at volume production.