Provided 24x7 Technical Support for Verizon’s FTTP/FiOS network as a technical reference for Network Technicians, collaborated with Vendors, evaluated new software code revisions, performed network software upgrades, wrote documentation, wrote ISO 9000 work instructions, and any administrative tasks needed.
- Resolved countless data and voice impacting situations by managing the combined resources of the various groups involved (Network Technicians, Central Office Technicians, Field Technicians, and Vendor Technical Support when needed), thus restoring 100% customer service with the least amount of service disruption time possible.
- Tested newly installed Tellabs DMAX1120 and Motorola AXS2200 Optical Line Terminals as per the current Test and Acceptance Procedures.
- Trained 16 technicians to perform the Test and Acceptance procedure for the Juniper ERX 1440 router, resulting in 57% of the National Data Network Creation Group being qualified to perform the procedure.
- Coauthored initial Test and Acceptance Method of Procedure for the first Motorola AXS2200 Optical Line Terminals deployed in the network.
- Trained 8 technicians with 1 to 6 months of experience (47% of the National Network Management Center) on platform hardware, known issues, and MOPs
(Method of Procedure) for the Tellabs DMAX1120 Optical Line Terminal, enabling them to troubleshoot the network skillfully.
- Responsible for the scheduling of acceptance testing for new Optical Line Terminals in the Central Offices. Coordinated availability for testing between Tier 2 Support, Vendors, Vendor Managers, and Central Office Managers. Testing met due date required 100% of the time.
- Created a test equipment inventory encompassing all national locations, resulting in antiquated/unused equipment (39%) being removed from inventory and all other equipment being calibrated accordingly.
- Inventoried and loaded software on 16 new laptops, then organized best cost national distribution to the team.
- Provided technical support for my team’s laptop software problems.