IGCSE High School Teacher
Juja Preparatory and Senior Schools, Kenya
Undertook teaching of Biology and Chemistry for the IGCSE Cambridge curriculum at grade 8-11. Taught two classes; Grade 8 Chemistry and Biology, and Grade 9 Chemistry. Covered material for the final term at this levels successfully. Patron of the Duke of Edinburgh/Presidents Award Scheme of Kenya Club at the school. Secretary to the Science Department.
- Preparation of lesson plans and Schemes of Work according to the syllabus provided by Cambridge
- Delivery of lessons- complete with notes for the learners, giving assignments to test understanding and marking of learners books
- During departmental meetings, taking minutes, editing, typing and producing them for other members.
- Setting of all term examinations, quizzes, CATS- continuous assessment tests and marking the same after they have been taken by learners. Revision with learners following the marking.
- Keeping an up to date 'records of work' log for all subjects taught and presenting the same for perusal to the HOD- Heads of Department.
- Planning, Organizing and Executing lab experiments for learners and delivering a weekly IT lesson where learners are to use the Internet to research on lesson content.
- Keeping an up to date log of learners attendance and results.
- As patron of the Presidents award scheme; taking charge of the weekly meetings with learners, organising and supervising activities of the club, taking/accompanying learners for trips and expeditions and maintaining the learners logs to make sure they are in line with regulations from the scheme.
- Active participation in learners extra curricular activities including being a member of one of the houses that won the sports day this term.
Skills Developed: Transferable skills, teaching skills, working with a range of children, interaction with professional teachers, discipline management, teaching management and Professional development.