Electronics Engineering Technician III
- Represents the AN/TPX-42 ISEA for the purposes of providing or supporting Fleet Support
Troubleshooting, Pre-Installation Check Outs (PICO), Systems Operational Verifications
and Testing (SOVT), and Command Control Communications Computers Combat systems
Readiness Assessments (C5RA).
- Responsible for on-site and telnet service support for fault isolation and repair of
mission critical US Navy Air Traffic Control systems. Such support has often required travel with little
notice to various locations around the world.
- Provides training, to include stand up instruction, to U.S. Navy personnel on system
functionality and changes.
- Inspect work to ensure quality for circuit board repairs, equipment assemblies, and
- Provide systems maintenance in accordance with prescribed procedures and documentation
to ensure equipment operates at prescribed specifications
- Conduct tests and/or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of
a wide variety of critical test equipment and test procedures, preparing and operating
equipment, recording data, measuring and recording problems of significant complexity
that sometimes require resolution at a higher level, and analyze data and prepare test
- Troubleshoot system and inter-system faults to resolve malfunctions using the latest in
electronics test equipment, technical publications and a thorough understanding of the
behavior of electronic components.
- Develop and/or review designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data,
applying conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, and/or recommend
schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings and parts lists.
- Assist in the rip-out, modification and installation of equipment on-board US Navy vessels
- Isolate faults to a specific component or lowest replaceable unit then document and
repair item. Fabricate cables including fiber optics in accordance with approved
drawings. Assemble systems from approved drawings and processes.
- Create quality control documents to ensure conformity and accuracy of items repair,
test and/or assembled.