Vice President, Finance
American Traffic Solutions, Inc; Tempe, Arizona
American Traffic Solutions, Inc., a private company, is the leading provider of traffic safety, mobility and compliance solutions for state & local governments, commercial fleets and rental car companies.
March 2013 - present Vice President, Finance
May 2012 – March 2013 Director of Finance & Accounting
Nov 2011 – May 2012 Director of Accounting & External Reporting
- Prepare and deliver all monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external financial reporting packages
- As the owner of the FP&A process for the budgeting and forecasting for the entire company, implemented a cloud-based budgeting/forecasting tool that has significantly reduced the number of days to create budget/forecast versions plus provided better visibility and timeliness of numbers to all budget owners
- Bank syndicate liaison responsible for reporting requirements, monitoring debt covenants and responding to financial related questions
- Established pricing team and tools for both ad-hoc and RFP margin analysis exercises including owning financial recommendations/scenarios for all state & local government RFPs and renegotiations and renewals. Process created visibility to the company’s direct vs. indirect costs associated with its services and identified opportunities for cost savings initiatives that would impact profitability
- Finance owner/partner for special projects as they arise, such as M&A work, asset securitizations, reorganizations, etc.
- Owned the preparation and coordination of the external annual financial audit including identifying and cleaning up all accounting issues during first year at Company where there have been no significant findings by Big 4 firm during my oversight
- Researched and documented all technical accounting issues including interest rate swaps, impairments, leases, PTO policy, legal settlements, treasury stock, Phantom Stock plan, inducement accounting, ARO, minority interest buyout, change in inventory methods and debt modifications
- Formally documented and established, as applicable, all company accounting policy and procedures while noting any internal control issues to Internal Control team