* Participate in the substantive research analysing key trends and changes in youth-related issues at global, regional and national levels; assess implications and develop proposals with respect to social and economic policies and interventions for youth development; recommend proposals and actions related to youth development for inclusion in reports to intergovernmental bodies and member states.
* Liaise and partner with other experts in the field, including governments, research institutes, academia, other international organizations, and NGOs, to discuss issues related to social development, in particular all areas of the World Programme of Action for Youth; exchange views on latest findings, policy guidelines, new models and approaches to youth development, and help ensure that lessons learned are disseminated and incorporated into development programmes and other initiatives.
* Assist in the planning, organizing and substantive servicing of technical and ad hoc expert group meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, including identification and selection of participants, development of background documentation, preparation of reports, documents, policy recommendations and analytical briefs based on the outcome of such meetings.
* Assist in the chairpersonship and coordination of the Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development
* Prepare a variety of studies, reports, background papers, parliamentary documentation, on a wide range of social development issues, especially youth development.