- Worked in a team of 3 to create a web application that allows multiple users to watch Youtube videos together in a virtual chat room where they can share videos with each other. (Community Jukebox)
- Designed and implemented the relational database with Sequelize as an ORM and a PostgresSQL Database.
- Implemented a Node.js back end server to expose RESTful API calls using Koa.js to feed JSON data to our front end React.js server.
- Implemented local login and authentication using Passport.js and Bcrypt for password encryption.
- Added Socket.io connections from our back-end server to our front-end server to serve events for our React server to render changes such as playing video and updating connection information.
- Helped debug and troubleshoot issues on our React/Redux front-end server.
Designed and implemented a responsive web app to generate and display inspirational quotes on high quality images using Ruby using Sinatra.
Designed and implemented in Unity and Java a tool that analyzes and visualizes trends and characteristics of commits in a target github repository.
Worked with a team of 4 following Scrum.
Designed a library database using ERDs, highlighting functional dependencies, and normalization to BCNF.
Implemented and hosted a database using PHP and mySQL for a college library
Implemented a multi-threaded video streamer in Java that connects to an RTSP server through TCP and receives RTP packets of video streaming frames
Resolved server issues such as dropped and out-of-order packets as well as latency issues by buffering and ordering frames using timestamps and sequence numbers
Jabber Chat Client
Developed an Eclipse chat client to explore UDP, and XMPP using Java
Enabled login abilities and handled sessions via socket programming
Designed and created a web application to generate graphs and analysis on climate data provided from URLs or local files in the format of XML, JSON or CSV.
Collaborated with a group of 5 using an agile development approach with IBM’s Rational Team Concert, Google Web Toolkit and Google App Engine.
Designed and implemented an XML export/import feature for JHotDraw in Java, using UML diagrams and JUnit tests.
Zookeeper Leader Election
Implemented a leader election algorithm in ZooKeeper that operated locally on multiple instances of the program.
Prolog Clue Helper
Designed and implemented an assistant/helper program for the board game Clue that guided player actions with suggestions based on user inputted data of the current environment.
Vancouver Public Library Website
Prototyped/Wireframed the layout of VPL’s website to be more accessible and intuitive catering to the end consumer based on use cases acquired through user research such as surveys.