IT Director & Program Manager
Director, Telemedicine Technology Solutions Nov, 2010 – present
- Establish new telemedicine technology service line for Mercy Technology Services., including standard solutions, project intake processes, and project management.
- Work with clinical leaders to develop multi-year telemedicine roadmap, and budget expectations to meet it.
- Program Manage all telemedicine projects. Optimize infrastructure components, reuse key learnings, organize IT teams for delivery, monitor common risks, and connect clinicians working on similar uses of this technology. Primarily a Cisco Tandberg video platform.
- Complete deployment of Mercy’s first telemedicine perinatal center, and additional outreach locations.
- Deliver tele-headache, tele-stroke, remote-home monitoring services, hearing-impaired and language tele-translation services, tele-psych, and a growing list of additional services via telemedicine technology. Each of these services allows Mercy to deliver healthcare to underserved areas, and optimize and extend the use of critical healthcare providers.
- Technology leader on the Telemedicine Operations Committee and Strategic Committee
- Lead the cross-functional technical teams in infrastructure projects to improve telemedicine capabilities.
- Define eight Use Cases / Service Lines for Mercy Telemedicine. Guide Collaboration White Paper and Strategy to support strategic needs for delivering clinical services via Telemedicine.
Senior Project Manager June, 2010 – Nov, 2010
- Project Manager to construct and delivery an off-campus clinic for perinatal services.
- Manage enterprise-wide deployment of vendor software for web-based nurse scheduling (approx 12,000 nurses, 18 month plan; Smart Square software).
- Organize Nursing Strategic Plan for Nursing Leadership team.
Director, Infrastructure Application Solutions Nov, 2008 - June, 2010
- Manage the DBA group (Oracle, SQL, Epic Cache), the Infrastructure Application Admin group (Websphere, IIS, Sharepoint, Maximo, Ruby, Quality Center, Appworx, Datastage, TIBCO, etc.), BI Operations, and Clarity Reporting teams. Approx 40 staff.
- Manage Business Intelligence (BI) Operations and Epic/Clarity (Healthcare Management) Corporate Data Reporting, including 370 enterprise reports. Oversee Data Warehouse ETL/Load, Business Objects Reporting Support, Extracts, Business Objects Administration, and End User Support. Work closely with BI Custom Development team for universe design/development.
- Oversee the initial set of the Epic-Clarity Meaningful Use enterprise reports.
- Directed management of 80 Oracle and 300 SQL Server databases, along with all Epic Cache environments.
- Participation in the IT Operations Council, Process Review Board, Project Methodology, and enhancements to ITIL/ITSM Change & Release Management.