Post Production Assistant
Canadian Film Centre, Toronto
- Assisting in day-to-day running of the editing room
- Assisting in preparing (by digitizing, re-digitizing, synching in linear and nonlinear and/or print format, checking synch in any format, logging, marking, checking numbers, popping and coding) picture and sound elements for editing, screening, or transfers to various formats (tape, etc.) and making dubs as required.
- Assisting, where required, in additional non-linear duties: helping prepare database layout for Dailies screening notes.making screen notes using date from continuity and computer files provided with telecine material.
- Assisting in the packing and shipping of elements; and the shipping of dailies/cuts to Producers in any format
- Issuing purchase orders to various facilities (for transfer, stock footage, FX, etc.) under the supervision of the head of the Picture Editing Department.
- Assisting in pulling selects and reference clips, in whatever format the show is utilizing, in preparation for screenings