Client : Oracle, Micros
Business Problem: Virtusa has been engaged by Oracle Hospitality to develop and maintain a wide range of software enable the customers in the hospitality industry to provide superior service and experience to their guests anywhere. MyMicros is a content rich Internet portal for the restaurant industry that includes access to hosted applications for point-of-sale, back office, business intelligence, data warehousing and other business applications and content, creating the next-generation model of restaurant enterprise systems and extending capability.
Applications & Technologies: Java, Struts, Spring, JSP, Servlets, EJB, Ant, Oracle, MSSQL, CSS, JQuery, JSTL,RestEasy, JDBC, Hibernate, JAX-WS, MDB,JMS, JBOSS Application Server.
Project Role: Team Lead with the following responsibilities:
- Planning out sprints and releases with PM and other teams.
- Scoping and estimating Feature requests, Defects, Tasks and Releases.
- Analyzing and Designing feature requests.
- Guiding the team on designing and implementation.
- Client communication and daily status updates.
- Detailed design and design reviews.
- Code reviews.
- Implementaion of major user stories ( On both myMicros Application and the related services).
- Worked on Reports and BI module features and bug fixes.
- Worked on web services API changes.
- Worked on task related to migrating all Applets module in the application into jQuery and HTML.