My education includes a bachelor's degree in secondary education (integrated social studies) and a master's degree in coaching education. Through these studies, I have gained in-depth knowledge of many pedagogical and content-area subjects such as planning and instruction, learning theory, world history, civics and economics. My advanced degree in coaching education is reflected in the classroom in my ability to break down skills into achievable steps, to act as an effective leader and to motivate and build rapport with students.
I am currently employed as a social studies teacher and football coach for Catawba County Schools in Maiden, North Carolina. In this position, I teach world history, civics and economics and have previously taught a current events course.
My teaching experience also includes a year of substitute teaching experience for the diverse and dynamic Charlotte Mecklenburg district in Charlotte, North Carolina. My coaching experience includes seven years coaching football at the junior varisty and varsity levels and one year coaching junior varisty baseball.
My experiences have allowed me to develop superior interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
I currently live in North Carolina with my wife, 16 month old daughter and 2 dogs. I enjoy sports, reading and traveling.
Summary of Qualifications
- Diverse professional with experience in multiple classroom environments and with various student demographics: including ELLs, Asian Americans, Hispanics and African Americans;
- Demonstrated success in planning instruction based on state standards, facilitating learning, analysis of formative and summative assessments and self-reflection;
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, including regular communication with parents and highly effective presentation skills;
- Adept at integrating technology into the curriculum;
- Demonstrated success in preparing students to compete in a global economy by developing critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills;
- Effective leader in both the classroom and on the sports field with the ability to motivate and easily build rapport with students and co-workers.