Over 18 years helping manufacturing organizations become more profitable and competitive by utilizing my knowledge, skills and abilities in Lean Manufacturing, Leadership and Manufacturing Engineering to develop, implement, manage and improve products and processes. Proficient in providing on-site training and hands-on workshops for the concepts, tools and techniques in Lean, Toyota Production System, Demand Flow, and Continuous Improvement including; the 8 Wastes, Takt Time, 5S, JIT, Value-Stream Mapping, Push vs. Pull, Kaizen, Kanban, Andon, Jidoka, Poka-Yoke, SMED, TPM, TQM, and Standardized Work.
Jul 2007 - Jan 2009
Lean Manufacturing Manager
- Provided company-wide training and implementation of Lean Manufacturing, Toyota Production System (TPS), Just-in-Time (JIT), and 5S.
- Designed, developed and implemented an electronic Manufacturing Management System, to quantify and eliminate non value added activities, improve throughput, on-time delivery, and update cycle time standards.
Mar 2005 - Jul 2007
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
- Project Leader for transitioning a traditional manufacturing facility to a model Lean factory through the implementation of a Demand Flow Technology® system.
- Developed training material and providing on-site instruction and workshops in Lean manufacturing.
- Leader for Continuous Improvements and all sustaining activities for a Lean production system.
- Leading project teams for local, regional, and global projects. This includes establishing; resources, capital, expense, activities, timing and coordination of activities; meeting deadlines; and staying within budget.
Oct 2003 - Mar 2005
- Provide manufacturing, production, and quality support for the development and manufacturing of electronic throttle controls.
- Implementation of Lean manufacturing processes for new product releases.
- Facilitated cross-functional teams to develop PFMEA’s, Control Plans and Work Instructions for new and existing products / processes.
- Ensure all components and assemblies meet APQP quality requirements.
- Ensure all production processes comply with ISO/TS16949 quality standards.
- Provide on-going sustaining engineering support for new and existing production lines.
May 2000 - Jun 2003
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Radiall / Larsen Antenna Technologies
- Coordinated and prioritized all Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance departments’ resources, activities, projects and staff to support production, company goals and objectives.
- Developed and implemented a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program which included preventive and predictive maintenance activities to reduce equipment related losses and comply with ISO/TS16949 Quality Standards.
- Successfully implemented the start-up of cable assembly activities to support new US market segments.
- Developed and organized a dedicated team to support all New Product Development projects.
- Developed and implemented annual objectives, tactics and metrics for Manufacturing Engineering department.
- Provided expertise in planning and implementing Just-In-Time, 5S, and other Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Provided company-wide training in Lean Manufacturing and Just-In-Time production methodologies.
- Facilitated several high performance workgroups focused on achieving specific goals for continuous improvement, quality improvements, cost reductions, on-time deliveries and cycle-time reductions.
- Achieved a 75% increase in profit margin for two OEM products by implementing a Lean, demand-based pull system and eliminating batch processes.
- Designed and implemented a Lean factory floor layout which increased efficiencies, reduced process cycle times, reduced material handling, and eliminated large amounts of Work-In-Process (WIP).
- Successfully developed structured, systematic approaches to product design, process improvements, quality, and cost containment / reduction for all new and existing products.
- Worked closely with other corporate manufacturing facilities in France, OEM operations in the U.S. and low-cost manufacturing facilities in Mexico to develop and transfer new and existing products.
- Worked concurrently with Design Engineering, Marketing, Planning/Purchasing, Operations, customers and suppliers to develop, implement and maintain robust products, processes, methods, and equipment.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Special Minor:Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Teaching Assistant for CAD/CAM courses.
- Computer Lab Instructor—assisting students in Finite Element Analysis, CAD/CAM, Computer Programming, and Design / Drafting software.
- Graduated with Honors.
Associate in Arts
- Certificate of achievement - Land Surveying
- Received several scholarships / internships in recognition of scholastic excellence and dedication to learning.
- Graduated with Honors.