Senior Program Manager
Oversees team of 15 engineers providing testing operations for several high-profile industry certification programs such as: Allscripts, VMware Ready, Cisco CCX, HP ProCurve, Microsoft Logo Program, Novell YES, Linux-Tested, and EMC Centera Compatible. Also served as Project Manager for several mobile application and browser compatibility testing projects.
- Delivered over 100 hardware certification projects for clients including Seagate, Motorola, Dell, RIM and Lenovo. Works closely with each client, identifies requirements and develops a plan to successfully pass testing despite budget and time constraints.
- Project Manager of a 15-member team for CareFirst/FEPOC, a health insurance provider. CareFirst was provided with a turn-key solution in which the test plan and execution was provided on a regularly scheduled basis (quarterly) to keep pace with market share trends for browsers / operating systems / video resolutions and the customer’s evolving web application development. Ensured all testing conformed to HIPPA regulations.
- Program Manager for Allscripts, a leader in doctor’s office software for scheduling appointments and medical procedures. Developed and managed a hardware interoperability certification program to validate that devices including laptops, printers, scanners, EKG, Spirometers are compatible with Allscripts software.
- Introduced efficiencies within the VMware hardware certification program by investing in additional equipment which would allow for parallel testing. With the additional test beds in place latency decreased, test duration was reduced by 30% and there was an overall increase in billable time totaling $250,000 after just one year.
- Created a new certification testing program for a smart grid provider. Worked with engineering team to analyze their test plan and determined equipment and labor requirements. Built a program roadmap which leveraged onshore and offshore resources to increase testing capabilities by 40% decreasing the duration from 30 days to 18.
- Provided ITAR, ITIL and ISO implementations, standardization and testing, while providing minimal productivity impact.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities by managing several concurrent projects with a team of 15 engineers located both on-site and off-shore.
Works closely with clients to identify their requirements and successfully deliver projects through flexibility, adaptability, and social collaboration within the team. Coordinates requested requirements with engineers and can make decisions on the fly about technical trade-offs and impacts.
Serves as a facilitator between the various departments, to ensure project processes are negotiated, documented and executed accurately. Can anticipate and prevent potential problems and provide effective solutions to support any changes. Experience training both technical and non-technical personnel of new products, tools or changes. Always willing to fill in the gaps between different functions and departments to ensure projects success.
Responsible for driving projects from conception through completion. Coordinates product launch including product development, promotions, sales, and pricing. History of maximizing profits in existing projects and improving lagging projects. High level of critical thinking in problem resolution for new and existing products. Works to ensure long term business success by conducting numerical analysis, monitoring internal processes, and creating relevant usable documentation.