Human Resources Director
C2 Education - Irvine, CA
Revenue: $100M Employees: 1,800 in 185 locations throughout United States & Canada
- Partner with the CEO, CHRO, and CFO to create business strategy to reduce turnover, retain key talent through building and implementing a talent development program, a rewards and recognition program, and increased internal promotions. Through first year of strategic plan implementation, turnover in key positions reduced from 53% to 34% year over year and internal promotions increased by 23%. In fiscal year 2019, turnover reduced to 25%, and 50% of all key vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
- Strategic people advisor to executive leadership and field operations leadership teams in the United States and Canada; including succession planning, workforce readiness, professional development and skills gap training.
- Lead the Human Resources functional teams, including HR Business Partners, HR Operations, and Talent Acquisition, to deliver on employee acquisition, engagement and retention metrics, compliance and business operations goals.
- Responsible for national employment law compliance, including state and municipal minimum wage regulations, overtime regulations, meal and rest periods, payroll compliance, leaves, harassment prevention, etc.
- Designed and implemented tools such as the "People Health Index" to help field leaders assess talent and the"Operational Health Index", to assess key performance indicators, business results and staffing/talent levels/skills gaps and create action plans to improve EBITDA and develop talent.
- Develop and deliver customized management skills training programs to field people managers and leaders, such as "Management Style Under Stress," "Building Effective Teams," "Crucial Conversations," and "Managing within the Law."
- In partnership with legal counsel, mitigate risk and resolve any potential or existing legal matters by providing solutions in compliance with all governing entities, preparing documentation, researching data or exploring solutions; draft and amend the Employee Handbook.