Lead, CAD Services Coordinator MEP/HVAC
University Mechanical Contractors, Inc
• Achieved a reduction in non-productive actions by creating proper paper space layouts with appropriate Architectural and Structural backgrounds as well as master drawing sheets during the preliminary and permit drafting process for a $14M, 14 story office and medical building.
• Organized and streamlined the consumables ordering, reducing the amount of inventory overhead, and allowing for maximum use of department budgets.
• Developed, as a team, and executed CAD standards that complied with ASME Y14 and Industry conventions, resulting in more consistent deliverables.
• Analyzed the development of weekly software training sessions increasing the staff’s knowledge of the software being used, enhancing the team’s ability to meet deliverable schedules.
• Developed and organized training material that produced 14 ADDA Certified Mechanical Drafters.
• Simplified learning curve time and increased peak efficiency for new personnel by creating and administering pre-hire tests
• Expanded the support role for other departments i.e. estimating. Kept Estimating up-to-date with most current contract drawings resulting in on-time delivery of construction estimates.
• Utilized document control procedures: Kept database current and up-to-date with all ECN’s, RFI’s and updated drawings allowing for retrieval of the most current document for that project.