Fraud Investigator-Special Investigations Unit
Plumas County Department of Social Services, Quincy, CA
- Investigate known and suspected cases of fraud.
- Provide policy guidance and fraud training to staff.
- Foster cooperative working relationships with intergovernmental and regulatory agencies, law enforcement, housing, and the general public.
- Ensure timely, accurate prosecution.
- Ensure safe operations and risk management.
- Conduct internal investigations and backgrounds.
- Function as the department's Income Eligibility Verification System coordinator.
- Analyze and evaluate statements from witnesses, bank statements, and other evidence; work cooperatively with other agencies to develop evidence; prepare evidence for District Attorney's Office.
- Act as SIU Chief in all dealings with the State of California.
Achievements: Developed modernized policy for the unit, including creation of the administrative disciplinary hearing program, and migrated the department to electronic reporting.