Network Shift Leader
USAE European Joint Command - Royal Air Force Molesworth, United Kingdom
- Directed operations, maintenance and management of $52 million multi-level network infrastructure at Joint Analysis Center and European Regional Service Center connecting multiple sites.
- Served as the Building Manager and Special Security Representative.
- Handled VoIP administration, network performance monitoring, system reporting, routers, Cisco switches and Video Teleconferencing Systems (VTC).
- Provided network connectivity to more than 4,500 workstations.
- Complied with communications security requirements.
- Operated satellite finders to setup and troubleshoot a video wall containing five satellite decoders that were streamed over campus using a Minerva Concentrator 8000 Encoding/Decoding System.
- Supported 40 users in Pristina Kosovo on behalf of the United States National Intelligence Cell providing network support to over 40 users.
- Worked with HP OpenView, Siebel, Fiber Hot Melt Kits, Fluke WAN/LAN Testers, MS Visio, MS Office, Tandberg 1000s, Tandberg 6000s, Tandberg Maestros, Amino and Vbrick set top boxes.
- Delivered 98% availability by performing network and software upgrades for 1,200 network devices supporting 150 secure circuits.
- Improved troubleshooting time 10% by developing new databases to track devices.
- Decreased downtime of 467 Cisco 2940 switches 20% by creating configuration scripts.
- Completed NIPR enclave upgrade project a month ahead of schedule; upgraded core switches, distribution level switches and more than 100 client switches.