TomTom South Africa, a division of TomTom Africa, offers businesses and government organisations high quality digital maps with accurate and extensive coverage of Africa and the globe on the world's foremost Location Based Services (LBS) platform. TomTom South Africa is an all-encompassing digital mapping company. Working together with TomTom Africa and partners, TomTom South Africa establishes innovative and comprehensive suites of digital mapping platforms to position itself as the leading international enabler of accurate location-based platforms throughout Africa.
For more information visit http://www.tomtom.co.za/geospatial
As the Senior Marketing Manager at TomTom South Africa (Pty) Ltd I focused on formulating a holistic marketing strategy for South Africa and Africa meeting the growth ambition of these regions.
The role included support for Expansion Markets. The position required a proven track record in bringing innovation with a strong background in online/digital marketing and strategic thinking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the marketing of company products and services and delivering measurable marketing results with ROI.
- Establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image.
- Developing an annual marketing plan in conjunction with the sales department. This detailed the year’s activities in accordance to the agreed company objectives.
- Budget management - to deliver all marketing activity within the agreed budget.
Event Management – annual customer conference, workshops, speaker and sponsorship opportunities.
- Identification of potential strategic partner relationships for product lines.
Client Marketing Collaboration – coordinating with clients on joint marketing efforts.
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company websites and developing and managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Website Management – utilizing CMS platform to update content.
- Social Media Management – managing the various social media channels.
- Email marketing – quarterly newsletter and dedicated product e-mails.
- To manage local media planning and media co-operations and achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media as well as working closely with the media agency.