Strategic marketing executive with Fortune 100 brand building and communications expertise. In cultures of high accountability, known for tight integration of project and budget management, team leadership, and meeting deadlines. Can seamlessly pivot from strategy to detailed execution. Well-rounded leader with experience in key areas of marketing - marcom, digital/web/social, field marketing, events, PR, communications, brand management, strategy development and marketing operations.
Sep 2011 - Present
Senior Global Marketing Communications Leader
GE Healthcare - Barrington, IL
GE Healthcare is an $18B global business of General Electric. Lead marketing communications strategy, messaging, and branding for GE Healthcare IT, a $3 billion global division of GE Healthcare with emphasis on division's largest business-$800M global radiology imaging product portfolio. Portfolio spans five categories, 18 product lines and multiple global regions.
- Executed 12 product launches, including strategic marketing communications plans, value proposition development, product positioning, creative and asset development, campaigns and events, sales training, VOC videos, website redesign and driving compliance.
- Manage 15+ creative agency partners and $1.8M marketing agency budget, including pricing negotiation, new vendor selection, yearly reviews. Have supervised up to 14 agencies and two contractors at one time.
- Lead HCIT marcom for $3M RSNA tradeshow and Centricity LIVE user group, including long and short term planning, managing and executing value props, demand generation, digital, campaigns and assets, including conceiving, managing and executing run-of-show. RSNA 2015 achieved 48% growth in PQLS. Centricity LIVE year-over-year customer attendance increase 54%.
- Developed first integrated marketing campaign for HCIT, including value prop/mission/strategy. Realigned solution portfolio into market differentiators, with supporting assets-value proposition, messaging, media strategy, sales presentations, print and digital ads. Wrote and produced campaign video.
- Developed strategic brand naming for 11 cross business solutions, including HCIT introduction to cloud solutions. Drove reorganization of product architecture for highest producing category.
- Created, produced four augmented reality event experiences-$500K customer engagement theatre; coordinating 8 agencies, VOC videos, demos, messaging.
Oct 2003 - Sep 2011
Turning Point Media - Aurora, IL
Full-service marketing firm. Directed strategic planning, creative development and implementation of communications products for multiple clients within this creative agency.
- Responsible for full portfolio of marketing programs to drive awareness, build brand, differentiate offering, generate qualified demand, nurture leads for Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.
- Pioneered, produced and managed revenue generating customer loyalty program for leading instrument manufacturer. Lead sales/marketing implementation including strategy, structure, communications, market research and VOC. Fueled $11M over program lifetime. Created 1st year sales $2.8M. Program was 15% of company's overall yearly sales. Pioneered company's entry into e-commerce through new e-based capabilities including website, e-newsletters, social media program.
May 2001 - Oct 2003
Director, PR Communications
ShopTalk Networks - Chicago, IL
Pioneer in speech recognition software-client base: Jiffy Lube, Hallmark, Eddie Bauer. Accountable for strategic planning, development of public relations and internal and external communications for this start-up software company. $500K annual budget. Report to CEO. Funded by Maveron(Howard Schultz-Starbucks).
- Drove strategy/execution of marketing communication and public relations plans. Launched co-marketing plans with industry players Nuance Communications, TellMe, to drive awareness in nascent industry.
- Developed pivot B2B software marketing strategy and communications as organization saw increased value in platform technology.
- Assessed and hired multiple agencies, consultants, to reduce marketing and PR costs by 21%. Increased media placements 250%. resulting in company's first technology award,‘ Peak Performance Award' as well as Fortune Small Business‘ Top 100 Companies'.
Sep 1998 - May 2001
Director, Marketing Communications
JBA International/GEAC - Rolling Meadows, IL
5th largest global ERP solution company based in UK. Acquired by GEAC in 2001. Hired as Manager, Public Relations. Promoted to Director, Communications within 9 months. Managed 8 direct reports, $2.M budget and cross-functional teams within four divisions.
- Owned strategic direction for marketing, product launches, sales integration, branding, user groups, public & analyst relations, competitive analysis, lead generation, call center and crisis communications for all operating units in North America.
- Deployed awareness and demand generation including 26 campaigns generating 31% sales funnel contribution.
- Revitalized and expanded marketing and communications programs throughout North America. Drove content marketing, thought-leadership, marketing roadmaps, internal/external communications.
- Led North America analyst relations, coaching senior leadership team, developing analyst relationships resulting in 45% increase in favorable analyst results.
- Created new partnership and marketing opportunities with IBM, Trilogy, Deloitte & Touche. Reduced ad buy costs by 61% in first year. Earned company numerous“ best in class” awards.
May 1995 - Sep 1998
Director, Television Development
Lakeshore Entertainment - Los Angeles, CA
Leading independent production, finance, international sales and distribution entertainment company. Age of Adeline, Runaway Bride, Million Dollar Baby, Underworld V.
- Contributed to selling 13 hours to cable and network programming, including first mini-series Paramount Television sold in over 15 years and first female driven one-hour drama to CBS.
- Accountable for taking idea from concept to physical production, inclusive of back-end financing, marketing strategy, pitch, casting and script development.