- Technical Lead for the Assistive Technology (AT) contract at the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Supervised the AT Help Desk for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Ten years of experience as an IT professional specializing in IV&V, prototype, software and hardware testing.
- Five years of experience as a Section 504/508 and AT Solutions Specialist.
Jul 2007 - Present
SENIOR ACCESSIBILITY SPECIALIST
- Supervised the creation of the Assistive Technology Research and Outreach Center at the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The center is a Federal resource for Section 504/508 Assistive Technology solutions and applications.
- Coordinated and maintained day-to-day progress of activities covering marketing, publicity and training actions for the Assistive Technology Program and the Research and Outreach Center.
- Provided Tier 2 and 3 AT technical support and requirements analysis.Developed training programs for managers and AT users.
- Assisted with the evaluation of RFPs and development of proposals.
Dec 2004 - Aug 2006
- Project Technical Lead for the Section 504/508 Assistive Technology Program (ATP) at Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Team comprised 5 IT analysts serving over 3000 HUD employees.
- Supervised development and delivery of all program deliverables consisting of project plans, status reports, audits, testing reports, technology recommendations, technology implementation plans, accessibility analyses, training programs, and user guides to HUD.
- Managed the ATP Help Desk and all operations covering complete customer support and training.
- Supervised management of inventory and procurement for specialized technologies for HUD.
- Inventory comprised more than 2000 items with a procurement total of $500,000.
- Performed accessibility evaluations and produced recommendations reports.
- Developed customised training modules and guides for users with disabilities. Individual and group training programs were performed onsite.
- Coordinated team efforts covering Section 504/508 evaluations, IV&V, application test plans with comprehensive reports and enterprise level deployment methodologies.
- Achieved 100% compliance with contract SLAs.
- Ensured 100% compliance with scheduled submission of all project deliverables. All deliverables were accepted without revision.
- Achieved excellent monthly reviews from government contract supervisors.
- Awarded Employee of the Year (2004).
Dec 2002 - Dec 2004
IT ACCESSIBILITY SPECIALIST
- Provided technical support and training on specialized technologies.
- Performed accessibility evaluations and developed solutions for users.
- Conducted onsite training sessions and information seminars.
- Developed custom training manuals and user guides.
- Performed evaluation, testing and customization of specialized AT software and hardware.
- Researched and evaluated new technologies for deployment at HUD.
- Performed Section 508 product evaluations.
- Researched, developed and implemented test plans, produced accessibility reports, bug reports and technology evaluation reports.
- Responsible for inventory control and deployment records.
- Competence in specialized accessibility technologies: voice recognition, screen reading, Braille displays, Braille embossers, OCR readers, mobility devices.
- Promoted to Project Technical Lead in 2004
Oct 2000 - Dec 2002
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
- Responsible for producing and implementing detailed test plans, scripts and bug reports for high security VPN products.
- Performed firmware and software testing covering functional, integration, regression and load testing requirements with TCP/IP protocols.
- Tested web-based VPN applications.
- Conducted training seminars and produced user manuals.
- Developed and implemented test plan for wireless VPN client (802.11)
- Assisted Customer Support Operations as a Level 3 Support Engineer.
Jan 1997 - Jun 2000
Bachelor of Science
Expert knowledge of Assistive Technology Solutions and Training: JAWS MAGic Kurzweil 1000 Braille Embossers Dragon NaturallySpeaking NXi NexTalk TTY
Familar with the following programming languages: C x86 Assembly Java HTML SQL Fortran 77
Windows XP Pro
Advanced knowledge of XP Pro for Federal configuration standards. Tested COTS software and hardware for compatibility on XP platforms. Extensive knowledge of Assistive Technology solutions for XP workstations.
Experienced building servers with Windows Server 2000.