An unending passion for the healthcare process and 20-years experience in building exceptional teams help me remain a leader in the health systems information technology field.
- I help organizations use technology to improve quality and efficiency to better engage clients and improve overall care coordination.
- I bring together companies and organizations in the healthcare market that need solutions for their service delivery problems.
Continuing education is mandatory to stay up to date on the ever-evolving healthcare market. I meet with leaders on a daily basis to better understand their delivery processes, and payment structures to figure out how technology can orchestrate better client experiences.
Vice President of National Sales and Marketing
Streamline Healthcare Solutions, LLC
• Created and successfully implemented application license structure.
• Developed and implemented top-down marketing strategy for Streamline’s U.S. market.
• Developed and implemented sales pipeline management process.
• Doubled total new sales commitments yearly over last three years.
Oct 2013Jul 2014
Vice President Client Development, Mid-America Region
• Achieved 110% of quota for 2013 - highest percentage within the company.
Oct 2011Oct 2013
Client Development Director
• Director of new sales activities with a team of six, covering twelve states.
• Achieved 100% of quota for 2012.
Jun 2010Dec 2011
National Director of Business Development
Sequest Technologies (acquired by Netsmart Oct 2011)
• Achieved 122% of quota for 2011.
• Envisioned and implemented client development and analysis process, focusing on building client trust through solving problems.
• Increased total sale commitments by 57% in first twelve months.
• Increased year over year total sales commitments by 93% for 2011.
• Incorporated Sequest sales team into new organization.
Jan 2007Jun 2010
Regional Sales Manager
• Achieved 116% of quota for 2008.
• Responsible for Midwest region, including specific “at risk” client partners nationally.
• Managed 12 large strategic accounts across the country.
Jan 2003Jan 2007
Senior Systems Analyst and Design Specialist
• Completed on-site service delivery analysis, demonstrations, and return-on-investment studies for clients ranging from small clinics, to state mental health systems.
• Completed/managed online, as well as on-site product demonstrations, and responded to requests for proposals.
• Developed functional specification documentation, product gap analyses, and presented at industry seminars.
• Lead Systems Consultant for software CCHIT 2006 ambulatory care certification process.
Mar 2001Jan 2003
Manager, Consulting Services
The Echo Group
• Envisioned and developed process reengineering, and healthcare business consulting unit.
• Developed consultative sales strategy increasing the quality and quantity of information presented and gathered on potential customers.
Feb 2000Feb 2001
The Echo Group
• Responsible for market analysis focusing on governmental regulations and best practices for clinical documentation, utilization review, and Medicaid/Medicare reporting requirements.
• Product management leader for two versions of the ShareCare application.
Feb 1999Feb 2000
• Identified opportunities to improve bottom-line performance through workflow analysis by analyzing employees’ ability to plan, assign, monitor, and follow-up on work activities.
• Provided process improvement recommendations for inpatient hospitals, multi-specialty outpatient facilities and county systems.
Sep 1994Feb 1999
Senior Program Manager
Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers
• Managed logistical coordination of rehabilitation services for multi-independence level, thirty-bed facility.
• Directly supervised/hired/trained management team of three, and a direct-care staff of 35.
• Led multidisciplinary therapy team, coordinated development, and monitoring of plans of care integration.
• Contractual employee during graduate school assigned to a number of projects that included managing facility preparation for State Social Services, The Commission for the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) licensure, and clinical record documentation process improvement.
Master of Health Administration, Acute Care Administration
Administrative Internship: The University of Michigan Medical Center – Ann Arbor, MI.
Assessed MCARE (HMO) physicians’ knowledge of the hand therapy clinic and their utilization of these services. I also conducted an evaluation of the discharge planning process, providing recommendations to lower costs and increase patient satisfaction.
BS, Psychology, Minor in Communications
Eastern Michigan University
Direct Sales Management - 3-year sample
TxACE – Group Purchase six organizations – Sales Lead
AspenPointe – Sales Lead
CareLink – Sales Lead
Partner Solutions – Sales Lead
Journey Mental Health – Sales Lead
Renaissance Mental Health – Sales Lead
Porter-Starke Services – Sales Lead
Bear River Mental Health – Sales Lead
Bradford Health Services – Sales Lead
Comprehensive Healthcare – Sales Manager
Aurora Mental Health – Sales Manager
Community Counseling Center – Sales Manager
Positive Education Program – Sales Manager
State and County Projects
Minnesota Health and Human Services – Technical Gap Analysis
Texas Department of Health Services – Technical Gap Analysis
State of Indiana Family and Social Services – Technical Gap Analysis
State of Connecticut – Technical Gap Analysis
Hawaii Department of Health and Human Services – Technical Gap Analysis
State of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services – Systems Review
Detroit Department of Public Health – Service Delivery Analysis
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Technical Gap Analysis
Santa Barbara County – Technical Gap Analysis
Yolo County – Implementation Analysis
Muskegon County Mental Health – Service Delivery Analysis
Private Not-for-Profit Projects
CRC Health Corporation – Functional Gap Analysis
Beth Israel Hospital Methadone Treatment Program – Technical Gap Analysis
Northern Michigan Substance Abuse Services Inc. – Return on Investment Study
Butler Hospital – Functional Gap Analysis
Mather Hospital – Return on Investment Study
South Oaks Hospital – Return on Investment Study
Richland Newhope – Service Delivery Analysis
Project Rehab – Service Delivery Analysis
Richland Newhope – Service Delivery Analysis
Gateway Community Health – Return on Investment Study
Saint Vincent’s Hospital – Functional Gap Analysis
Sweetser Behavioral Health – Return on Investment Study
CCHIT Certification – Project Lead / Lead Demonstrator
SATIS / Betty Ford – Application Analysis / Market evaluation