CAPACITY / PLANNING
WESSEX WATER SERVICES LIMITED
I am currently responsible for providing planning assistance to abate flood prone area in the wesexwater region region. These mostly required investigations for potential flood control measures, sewers, water mains and non-structural measures. My duties are listed below.
- Provided hydrologic and hydraulic analysis assistance to investigate best options to accommodate /rehabilitate any new developments during the planning process.
- Performed site specific assessments on new developments coming forward in local plans in an effort to gain a more comprehensive engineer's evaluation or risk with each site and ultimately provide a comparative ranking of which sites to proceed with further analysis of.
- Represented WW interests in providing assistance to consultants, engineers and developers in their creation of detailed site designs.
- Evaluated the anticipated impacts to results of rainfall-runoff predictive analysis resulting. This led to detailed understanding of foul and surface water impacts on the environment.
- Provided hydrologic and hydraulic engineers' tools training to agency and consulting engineers on a routine basis annually.
- Managed all aspects of projects related to sewerage and water supply modelling, surface-water/ground-water interactions and analyses, and flow to sewage treatment requirements to provide adequate capacity.
- Coordinated and performed, data collection activities and data analyses pertaining to water resources project work.
- Performed hydrologic and hydraulic modeling activities.
- Used GIS tools to aid in project work.
- Completed technical reports related to water resources projects.
- Directly responsible for discussing the continuous improvement and upgrades of WW assets with any prospective developers.
I gained experience in technical support and compliance with other departments and engineering staff. I was responsible for handling pre - planning enquiries,appraisals and emails concerning proposed sites in order to provide a consolidated response to engineers, customers and clients.
This role helped me expand my communication skills (both written and verbal), listening and questioning skills as they were very critical for the job. Being open minded, working well under pressure and prioritising my workload were also qualities that advanced from working forWessexwater