- Tampa US-FL
- [email protected]
Recently added Microsoft Word Expert.
My Philosophy of Education is that all students want to learn and can learn. It is my job as an educator to research and design the best methods for teaching ALL students. If a student is not learning, I need to research and re-evaluate my pedagogy.
Each student is unique and follows a different path toward success. I strive to include many research supported methods, alternative methods and utilize my own creativity to help students find success. I teach my students growth-mindset; that unsuccessful attempts are part of the learning process. I also present evaluation as an integral part of learning and improvement; without feedback, the road to improvement is obscured.
My classroom is a community with many constituents who have a stake in student learning. They are involved in all facets of classroom management, planning, learning, assessment and data analysis; their input is encouraged, valued, accepted and used to drive instruction.
There are many barriers that keep students from learning. I teach to show students how they can navigate those barriers and enter their personal path to life-long learning.
Bachelor's Degree- (Dual Program) Music Performance and Music Education.
Currently teach a variety of C.T.E. business courses to students in grades 9-12. Courses are organized and operated through a blended learning 100% paperless environment. Business courses are also aligned with other subject areas to assist with school improvement goals. Students have earned Industry Certifications in Microsoft and Adobe products including Adobe InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC and Dreamweaver CC; Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW-IBA Certification) and Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications. I Co-sponsor Future Business Leaders of America (F.B.L.A.). C.T.E. subjects teaching include: Digital Information Technology, Customer Service 1, Legal Aspects of Business and Digital Design levels 1-4. Previous classes taught: Emerging Technology in Business, Foundations of Web Design, Administrative Office Technology 1 and Computers for College and Career.
• Awarded "Best and Brightest" performance pay 3 years in a row.
• Class averages on mid-terms and final exam scores are consistently above the county average for all courses. (Currently ranked 2nd in county.)
• 154 student certifications this year as of May 13, 2020. Students certifications are still in progress through at home testing.
• -Built community partnerships with local businesses. These Business Partners assisted with book adoption committee, Great American Teach-In, Interview day and classroom presentations.
• Active member in extracurricular projects for C.T.E. - Multiple Professional Education Day trainings, aligning new C.T.E. standards, curriculum writing for business courses, exam revisions, textbook adoption, canvas piloting and teacher mentoring. Conducted trainings for CTE teachers during online teaching.
• AVID trained site team member for the third year. Attended Summer Institute. Earned certification for the new module- Microsoft Advancing Technology Office 365.
• C.T.E. department representative for the Newsome Professional Leadership Committee (PLC), conducted schoolwide training during online teaching.
Performed project based covert video customer service evaluations for clients throughout the United States.
Coached teachers on technology and literacy integration. Performed general installation, set-up and maintenance on MAC equipment. Provided teaching and learning resources for teachers. Planned and co-taught with teachers to improve teaching and learning. Researched, designed and delivered professional development to support teaching and learning of technology and literacy.
Taught integrated and remedial classes using technology at a (Title I) School for students in grades K-5. I also taught curriculum infused creative technology classes through the EdVenture after school program. This program is part of an extended school day model for at-risk low performing schools.
Implemented teaching/learning strategies to meet a variety of student disabilities; taught E.S.E. students within an inclusive general education environment utilizing a co-teaching/co-planning model. Created additional specialized lessons for individual students and small group instruction.
Co-developed the curriculum for FMoPA's Pilot Outreach Project, "Literacy through Photography"; taught curriculum to at-risk youth grades K-12.
Taught general music, chorus and instrumental ensembles to students in an inclusive environment at low socioeconomic (Title I) Schools.
Student samples from projects that I integrate with the standards to help students learn business skills, practice F.S.A skills and teach design concepts.
(Click on image to view description of project.)
Certifications in Adboe CC 2018. Teach programs to students for certification.
Teach all programs to students for certifications.
Design lessons using O365 and teach for certifications.