Currently teaching a variety of C.T.E. business courses to students in grades 9-12. Courses are organized and managed through various learning management systems such as Edsby and Canvas. Students access, complete and submit all projects digitally for a true paperless classroom experience. Instruction is delivered within a blended learning model utilizing both online video and live lessons. Student projects are real world Project Based Learning such as writing business letters to invite local businesses to speak, submitting designs for local contests, or creating digital content such as websites, flyers, logos or business cards for emerging companies. Business courses are also aligned with other subject areas to assist with school improvement goals. Students have earned Industry Certifications in Microsoft and Adobe products including InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC and Dreamweaver CC; Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW-IBA Certification); Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft Office Master Certifications. Current C.T.E. subjects include: Digital Information Technology, Customer Service 1, Legal Aspects of Business and Digital Design levels 1-4. Previous classes taught: Emerging Technology in Business, Foundations of Web Design, Administrative Office Technology 1 and Computers for College and Career. Extracurricular activities include Co-sponsoring Future Business Leaders of America (F.B.L.A.), AVID site team member, Instructional Leadership Team and Business Department Professional Learning Community. Active volunteer for district career and technical business projects.
• Awarded "Best and Brightest" performance pay 3 years in a row.
• Class averages on mid-terms and final exam scores are consistently in the top tier.
• 154 student certifications earned this year before online transition. 22 additional students have earned certifications during at home testing; additional students are still working toward certifications.
• Established community partnerships with local businesses. These Business Partners assisted with C.T.E. book adoption committee, Great American Teach-In, Interview day and classroom teaching presentations.
• Active member in extracurricular projects for C.T.E. - Conducted multiple Professional Education Day trainings, curriculum writing projects and standards aligning sessions for business courses. Volunteered for exam revisions, textbook adoption committee, canvas piloting, Certiport pilots for Microsoft and Adobe exams, curriculum resource pilots and new teacher mentoring. Conducted Zoom training sessions for teachers during Covid-19 online teaching.
• AVID trained site team member for the third year. Attended Summer Institutes. Earned certification for the technology strand- Microsoft Advancing Technology Office 365.
• C.T.E. department representative for the Newsome Instructional Leadership Team where I also conducted Zoom technology training during Covid-19 online teaching and summer leadership sessions. Moderated an online technology support group on Edsby for teachers, a Business PLC group and a student FBLA group. Also provided peer support for DIT, Customer Service and Emerging Technology Edsby Groups.