Child Care Supervisor
Mar 2011 - Jan 2015
Primary Colours Learning Programs Limited
- Out of School Child Care Supervisor/administrator-Napier, Hawke's Bay
- Organized activities that developed children's physical, emotional and social growth.
- Made nutritious snacks and meals for several children.
- Established and maintained a safe play environment for the children.
- Monitored children's play activities to verify safety and wellness.
- Continually encouraged children to be understanding and patient with others.
- Openly exchanged ideas and materials with coworkers.
- Carefully supervised children in play area.
- Encouraged curiosity, exploration and problem-solving with age-appropriate playtime activities.
- Redirected children to encourage safe, positive behaviors.
- Frequently substituted in office and classroom areas.
- Physically and verbally interacted with children throughout the day.
- Used clear communication and professionalism to develop constructive relationships with families.
- Prepared, served and cleaned up daily meals for up to twenty children.
- Enforced disciplinary limits to create a structured environment conducive to learning.
- Led fifteen children on field trips to the local fishing wharf.
- Reported health concerns and posted health warnings in case of illness.