- Electronic Engineering Degree - RCC School of Electronics and Technology
- Speak and write English, Serbian/Croatian, Slovenian and Bulgarian. Currently studying Mandarin Chinese.
- High-Tech Sales Boot camp - Sandler Sales Institute
- Executive Selling - AT&T Education Center
- Sales Skills and Coaching - AT&T Education Center
- Strategic Selling - Miller Heiman Inc.
- Extensive experience developing customer relationships and building channel infrastructures in North America, South-East Asia and Europe.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern sales tools including Salesforce.com.
- Demonstrated ability to close sales cycles and up-sell clients on new products.
- A true team player that works well in either a consensus-driven or top-down organizational structure.
Available upon request.
I seek a challenging position that will leverage my extensive sales marketing and business development experience, specifically my success as a proven "closer" in the telecommunications, information technology and self service solutions sector. Mobility is not an issue as I have lived and worked in major North American cities and will relocate for the right position.
Sep 2006 - Nov 2008
VP, Sales & Marketing
- Dual-Sales Strategy Execution: Have consistently grown revenues for the firm's self-service kiosks, digital signage and robotics businesses, while maintaining growth in its nascent, end-to-end retail imaging (photo-processing) infrastructure division.
- Channel-Reseller Establishment: Prior to my arrival, the firm had no resellers to speak of. I've established a partner-fed, European sales funnel by signing on resellers in Germany, the UK, Spain and Norway to enable wins worth, on average, between $600K and $1Million.
- Revitalized Sales Group: I have re-energized the sales group whose morale was low prior to my arrival, by introducing modern sales processes, encouraging staff and tweaking the compensation system. Leading by example, I routinely contribute exceed my own quota, and landed the firm's first seven-figure deal in the form of a $7.5M contract with Fuji for an end-to-end photos software solution that was deployed to all 5000 Rite Aid locations.
Jan 2005 - Aug 2006
Consultant, New Business Development
- Strategic Counsel Yields Sales, Funding: Working with a leading vendor of mobile data solutions in Vancouver and a self-service turnkey digital signage and kiosk provider in Toronto, I laid the groundwork for the former to achieve FY 2006 sales of $28M, and positioned the latter for a venture capital infusion.
Jul 2002 - Jan 2005
VP, Sales and Marketing
King Products and Solutions Inc.
- Responsible for all sales and marketing programs with full P&L responsibility for this $40M software and hardware kiosk and digital signage provider to the retail and business-to-business customer self-service market.
- Streamlined the firm's product positioning and sales processes to include integrated solutions selling.
- Expanded and opened new vertical market segments for King beyond real estate to include Telecom, Retailing, Financial Services, Government and Transportation. Developed a channel strategy to capture new business in the US market by working with key resellers that had direct ties with the new vertical markets which I established for King.
- Closed new business with Bell Canada, IKEA, Chase Manhattan Bank, City of Brampton, Nike, and many other blue-chip and SMB customers.
- In the three years I was with King, I grew sales from $500,000 to $6M annually (a 1200% increase).
Dec 1998 - Jun 2002
Martin Dawes Systems (MDS)
- Working out of NYC and Toronto, with frequent trips to the UK HQ, I built the North American sales team from one to five staff and implemented and executed a direct sales/channel strategy to capture a significant portion of the telecom services reseller market.
- Sold Martin Dawes complete Convergent Billing platform, OSS and BSS solutions as the premier customer care and billing vendor solution of choice into the US reseller market.
- Closed new business with Sprint PCS, Excel Communications, AT&T Wireless, Unidial and Encore/Big Planet. Exceeded 'plan,' achieving a high of $15M on plan of $10.5M in my final year at the firm, before it decided to relinquish North America and concentrate on its UK/EEC home markets.
Nov 1996 - Nov 1998
Compaq/Tandem Computers Inc.
Leading provider of high availability computing systems/solutions, now an HP company.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of Tandem Solutions in the Canadian/ USA Telecom markets.
- Implemented Tandem Advanced Intelligent Network solutions such as the Tandem SCP, HLR, Authentication Centre, Short Message Service, Wireless LNP, Wireless Pre-Paid, LNP, Convergent Billing systems, OSS and BSS solutions. Successfully closed $23 Million of Tandem solutions to some of Canada's largest carriers.
- Met the challenge of rebuilding the Ontario Hydro account one of North America's largest utilities - into a repeat customer for Compaq/Tandem.
- Generated $48 Million of Compaq equipment sales in the first eight months of 1997.
1988 - 1998
AT&T, Motorola and Glenayre
Prior to 1998 I held a number of national and regional sales manager positions with AT&T, Motorola and Glenayre beginning in 1988. During this time I consistently exceeded quota and secured many new accounts for these firms. This timeframe also witnessed my setting up a paging network in Malaysia and turnkey paging company in Belgrade (now Serbia). The latter venture saw me raise $5M for the turnkey operation.