Personable, persistent and effective sales manager and analyst with a demonstrated ability to identify and win business. Thorough understanding of the international aviation market. Able to identify opportunities, establish productive relationships with prospects, customers and colleagues, overcome obstacles and increase market share. Web savvy strategic thinker able to devise and implement solutions to a wide range of business, sales, and marketing challenges.
Jun 2010 - Present
Commercial Director, Asia-Pacific
Sell flight training services, software and devices to airlines, governments and universities throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Direct, manage and advise one remotely located sales representative.
Jun 2008 - Jun 2010
Provided research, support and representation to businesses wanting to enter aviation market worldwide.
Jan 2008 - Jun 2008
Director, Charter Sales
Sentient Flight Group
Sold private jet charter services to individuals and companies throughout the United States. Assessed prospect's needs and matched to company's capabilities.
May 2007 - Oct 2007
Member and Travel Advisor
Counseled members on how to best utilize membership privileges and arranged travel and activities for members in conjunction with their use of club properties. Coordinated referrals from existing members to expand the Club's membership.
Aug 2001 - Jul 2006
Manager, Flight Training Sales
Directed marketing and sales initiatives for domestic and international accounts such as: Dubai Air Wing, Evergreen International Airlines, Polar Air Cargo, World Airways, FedEx, JALways (subsidiary of Japan Air Lines), Shanghai Airlines, among many others. Directed bidding initiatives for United States government contracts such as: Air Force One, Air Force E4B, Air Force Airborne Laser, NASA and the Federal Aviation Administration. Managed entire sales and customer service process from market analysis, strategic planning, sales call planning, bid preparation, product tailoring, product delivery and customer satisfaction. Directed a team of three international sales representatives and four support coordinators.
- Established partnership with World Aviation Systems to secure pilot training for JALways (only such program in the USA).
- Coordinated effort to secure Chinese government certification to train Chinese pilots (first such program approved outside China)
- Successfully negotiated joint marketing agreement for A-320 flight training with Alteon, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company.
- Initiated and directed internal development of the Sales Resource Tracking System.
- Reduced inventory of surplus flight simulators by selling devices to Pan Am Airways.
Nov 1999 - Aug 2001
Technical Sales Representative
Sold flight training programs and services to airlines throughout North America. Assessed prospects needs and matched to company's capabilities.
- Secured 777 initial training contract from Delta Air Lines and managed delivery of services.
- Won 747 and 767 training contract from Air Canada and managed delivery of services.
- Contracted Hawaiian Airlines for DC-10 flight training.
- Managed contract with Northwest Airlines for DC-10 flight training.