Tayza Tin Lin
- [email protected]
I'm working as a marine engine specialist from Sept 2008 to present. Now I'm working as a diagnostic engineer at SGS Testing and Control Services Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Machinery Automation and Control
- Marine Structural Engineering
- Machine Design
- System Simulation and Modelling
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point
Duty and Responsibility
- Analyze and interpret the lab results regarding about physical properties, wear metals & contamination of machinery lubricating oil, grease & hydraulic fluids.
- Diagnose the overall condition of the machinery and give recommendation to customer for preventive maintenance.
- Scrap-down analysis for 2-stroke slow speed main engine.
- Contact directly to customer for vital information on emergency case to minimize the risk of unscheduled maintenance.
- Review and revise the complete report before releasing to customer.
- Maintain turn-around time to release the report.
Duty and Responsibility
- Repair and Servicing Jobs for Yanmar 4-Stroke Diesel Generators and Marine Type Medium Speed Main Engines
- Major unit overhauling service
- Fuel injection pumps, injection timing inspection & adjustment, and timing gear inspection service
- Turbocharger overhauling service
- Bearing condition inspection & overhauling service
- Inspection Jobs on Major Engine Parts
- Crack inspection for connecting rods with magnetic detector
- Crack inspection and hardness test for crankshaft with eddy current and hardnometer
- Commissioning Jobs for New Yanmar Engines and Taiko Oily Water Separator.
- Troubleshooting and Fault Finding Jobs for Medium and High Speed Engines
- Preparing Documents for Repair & Service Jobs in Shipyards.
Duty and Responsibility (Operational Level)
- Operation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting on generator engines, boilers, air compressor, separators, freshwater generator, heat exchanger and pumps.
- Engine room watch-keeping engineer officer in charge
- Marine chemical and engine lubricating oil store keeper
- Preparing and making report for monthly inventory for chemical, lubricating oil and spare parts.
- Preparing and making report for monthly performance check to generator engines.
- Performing weekly safety check to all engine room safety equipments and fixed fire installation system.
- Maintaining the engine room machinery and safety system according to Planned Maintenance System (PMS)
- Bunkering and sludge discharging engineer officer in charge
- Engine cooling water, lubricating oil and boiler water analysis, and chemical treatment.
The following jobs have been done independently.
- Generator Engines - Types: Sulzer 9L21/31
(major overhaul) - Fuel injector overhaul and test.
- Cylinder head overhaul and pressure test
- Cylinder liner, liner o-rings, piston and piston rings checking and replacing
- Main bearing and big end bearing clearance and condition checking
- Overhaul to pneumatic control valve block on starting air line system.
- Troubleshooting and fault finding the generator engine control system
and piping system.
- Marine Boiler - Types: Aalborg Composite Boiler
- boiler water analysis and chemical treatment
- regular maintenance on rotary type main burner
- boiler smoke tube cleaning and maintenance
- boiler safety equipment monthly check for proper condition
Duty & Responsibility (Operational Level)
- Operation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting on air compressor, separators, freshwater generator, heat exchanger and pumps. I have done the following specific jobs independently.
- Main Air Compressor - cylinder liner replacement
- piston and piston rings replacement
- main bearing and big end bearing clearance check
- 1st and 2nd stage low lift light plate type valve lapping
- Marine Separators - Intermediate service and major service
- separator bowl parts, o-rings and sealing rings check
- Vertical and horizontal shaft alignment and bending test
- shaft bearings, shaft seal and centrifugal clutch check
- troubleshooting and fault finding on control system ,and sensors
- Fresh Water Generator - condenser and evaporator plates and plate gaskets condition
and Heat Exchangers check
- regular maintenance for plates
- Pumps - type: centrifugal pumps, screw pumps, gear pumps and
- overhaul to bearings, shaft seal, mechanical seal and packing.
- supporting level
- assist to senior engineer in maintenance jobs
Specialized in Marine Engineering and System Simulation & Modelling.