Developed new business and grew revenue in four increasingly significant management roles throughout rewarding 12-year tenure with a $2 billion international risk management and consulting firm. MMI was the second largest underwriter of hospital professional liability in the U.S., and the ninth largest underwriter globally. The St. Paul Companies purchased MMI in 2000.
Vice President, Sales, Healthcare (1998 – 2000)
- Reported to President, MMI Agency, selling complex risk transfer and risk reduction programs to nation’s leading healthcare systems and provider groups.
- Selected to be one of three direct sales specialists out of pool of 12 based on skills and track-record in 2000.
- Chosen by executive team to increase consulting services penetration to existing insurance clients in 1998 and increased consulting revenue in region by 30 percent in two years.
- Consistently exceeded sales goals as follows:exceeded 2000 business retention goal by 35 percent; exceeded 1999 sales goal of $2.5MM by 30 percent; and, exceeded 1998 sales goal of $1.5MM by 20 percent.
- Oversaw service team activities for client base of 20 high profile accounts and $12MM annual revenue.
Senior VP, Claims and Litigation Consulting Operations(1996 - 1998)
- Reported to President, Healthcare Consulting Services Division maintaining full profit and loss accountability for specialized practice providing outsourced litigation management and consulting services.
- Selected by Company Chairman and CEO to be one of 17 Fellows (from pool of 1,000 employees) in three-year Future Leaders Fellowship Program.
- Managed integration of 65 acquired staff into MMI operations while broadening sales of acquired $9MM TPA organization to national scope.
- Conceived and sold division’s first multiple profit center consulting engagement with $1.25M annual value.
Assistant VP, Claims and Litigation Management Services (1992 -1996)
- Hand-picked by executive team to start specialized consulting division in 1992 and experienced three significant promotions in four years.
- Grew annual revenues from $30,000 to $1.7MM between 1992 and 1996.
- Provided leadership for team of 15 and was responsible for personnel, sales and quality assurance operations.
- Sold significant consulting engagement to HCA Healthcare, the nation’s largest healthcare system.
Senior Consultant, Claims and Litigation Management (1989 - 1992)
- Reported to VP, Claims managing complex medical malpractice litigation with responsibility for case strategy, negotiations and communication to insured facilities and providers.