- Lawyer graduated 13 years ago with 11 years experience in Legal Management and Corporate Governance positions at major companies in the following industries: Financial (VisaNet), Beverages (AmBev), Paper and Pulp (Voith) and Energy (Voith Siemens).
- Skilled in the negotiation of complex domestic and international contracts (EPC/turnkey) with clients and consortiums.
- Experience in the implementation and management of Shared Services for the Legal Department.
- Extensive performance in the interface between top management and stakeholders in the corporate environment to optimize the company s administrative decisions.
- Management of the activities of external law firms to improve the company s legal management (outsourcing).
- Solid experience in the leadership of local and remote teams (about 15 professionals), facility to communicate in multicultural and multifunctional environments.
- Strategic view of the business with focus on Corporate Governance and legal support to the company. - Quick adjustment to the environment, skilled in diagnosing and proposing solutions both in the daily activities and in moments of crises.
- Excellent relationship with government agencies like: ANVISA, Ministry of Finance, CONAR, INPI; and trade associations like: ABA, ABF, IBPI, ABDIB, AMCHAM, Brazil-Germany Chamber of Commerce, FIESP, CIESP and IBGC.
- International exposure having lived for two years in England. Fluent in English, working knowledge of Spanish for technical reading.
– Formalized the creation of several committees related to the Board and to the Executive Suite, structuring them and coordinating their implementation, from the member election process to the drafting and coordination of the approval of their bylaws.
– Drafted and coordinated the approval of the minutes of all meetings of the Executive Suite, Board of Directors, Statutory Audit Committee and the committees related to the Board of Directors and Executive Suite.
– Prepared documents commenting on legal and corporate governance issues and helped in the revision of annual reports.
– Met and managed demands concerning Corporate Governance and Corporate themes, which guaranteed the good relationship between the Executive Suite’s members and the company’s shareholders.
– Prepared an Ethics Code, a Conduct Code, Social, Environmental and Occupational Safety and Health Policies and Practices, among others related to process systematization themes.
– Consulting in and management of demands through coordination of studies, discussions and implementations of new corporate structures, besides formulation of several corporate documents for listed and privately-held companies.
– Coordinated planning processes and corporate restructurings in mergers and joint ventures, such as the joint venture between the Grupo Voith and Grupo Siemens in Brazil, which impacted the diversification of its core business, including the supply not only of turbines but also of electrical energy generators. Also acted in the acquisition of new companies, such as Orizon, whose acquisition resulted in the entrance, by VisaNet’s shareholders, in a new area of activity: health.
– Negotiated and prepared strategic contracts for all of the companies’ corporate departments: Supplies, Marketing, Financial, IT, HR, Corporate Communication, IR, Controllership, Risk Management, and Audit.
– Negotiated and prepared EPC/turnkey Equipment Supply contracts for the construction of domestic and international hydroelectric power-plants and for consortiums between suppliers and civil constructors.
– Created and standardized models for commodities contracts, created and implemented a Contract Management System, which led to the optimization of resources and reduction in risks.
Relations with Investors:
– Helped the IR in the preparation and validation of texts for release and relations with stakeholders.
– Acted in the follow-up of responses to consumers in critical cases handled by AmBev’s SAC (client service), minimizing the impact of lawsuits on the company.
– Actively participated, as a member of FIESP’s Legal Committee, in the project for the preparation of and change to the Transfer Pricing Bill in Brazil, which facilitated a better classification of the group as a capital goods company in this legislation.
– Shared Services: Participated in the implementation of the centralization of legal operational activities in the Shared Services Department by redesigning the company’s legal services. Managed the services implemented with the following results: greater focus on operational activities, greater proximity between the business units, improved quality, agility, and visibility, use of tools to manage service levels (performance measurement with management of the routine and risk management, among others), besides turning the Legal Department into a service provider to the company.
– Legal at the SuppliesCenter:Coordinated the implementation of a legal services system regarding contracts centralized in the Logistics and Supplies Department, area responsible for 100% of the purchases of all of AmBev’s Economic Group in Brazil and LA, having achieved the same results in shared services but with 50% savings in costs.