Facilities & Maintenance Manager
GILLETTE CHILDREN'S SPECIALITY HEALTHCARE
Directed a 65-member staff encompassing supervisors, housekeepers and maintenance mechanics, overseeing activities and monitoring quality of work. Engendered a strong collaborative work culture, driving efficiency while managing maintenance and housekeeping operations within a healthcare environment. Proficiently managed budgeting and planning including healthcare environmental cleaning, preventative maintenance and external projects.
- Spearheaded various improvement initiatives, including establishing 24/7 equipment maintenance group that significantly improved patient issue response time.
- Implemented new preventative maintenance system and enhanced hospital equipment tracking through evaluation and validation Footprint software.
- Conceptualized, executed and maintained maintenance procedures for all equipment, significantly increasing consistency and quality.
- Successfully constructed new buildings and provided expertise to evaluate installed systems.
- Efficiently monitored building systems including Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Plumbing, HVAC and Security using UHL energy management system.
- Developed inventory control system in collaboration with outside vendor that enriched quality by evaluating housekeeping and maintenance supplies and orders.
- Formulated and sustained strong relationships with external vendors/contractors to ensure efficiency in work flow.
- Designed, reviewed and updated policies and procedures and established strict guidelines to ensure that all aspects of health, safety and risk management were strictly adhered to.
- Passed 3 external Joint Commission accreditation surveys.