INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
Sr. Engineering Designer
Project CAD Coordinator (PM)
Project coordinator working within teams across all engineering disciplines on Semi-conductor and FAB facilities design, which was responsible for project proposals, tracking and design development. Formed a cohesive team environment that produced multimillion dollar projects that where on time, under budget and with the highest level of quality. Interfaced with clients to coordinate project design and ensure client satisfaction.
Sr. OSP Project Manager - Network Administrator
Sr. Project Manager and Network Administrator for Engineering group of designers whose primary responsibility is the design, construction, and documentation of long-haul fiber optics routes and facility layout (OpAmp, Regen, Terminals).
- Project Lead for facilities design: including fiber vaults, manholes and hand holes.
- Engineering group network administrator
- Established preliminary engineering and construction cost analysis.
- Developed and implemented engineering standards for engineers and CAD personnel.
Engineering Manager - IT Manager
IT Manager - Engineering Manager for a department of telecom engineers and designer personnel, whose primary responsibility is configuration, specification writing and procurement of DSLAM/ASLAM, DS1/3, T1/T3, STS1, fiber interconnected bays, sonnet, multiplexers, FOT/FDF, Power (BDF, PDB, batteries), Litespan 2000 in Central Office (CO), Controlled Environment Vaults (CEV), Remote Terminals (RT) and Co-location facilities utilizing TP76400 standards.
- Spearheaded engineering operations for $400 million telecom group; managed teams of 6 engineers and CAD personnel.
- IT Manager for 100 node network running MS Windows 2000, Exchange 2000 and SQL Server, using AD, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS and thin client applications.
- Manage the development and integration of internal and externally purchased business application software and development.
- Responsible for assessing and providing input in the process of system integration and due diligence activities to ensure that all proposed initiatives are in line with the stated business objectives.
- Responsible for developing and initiating a personnel development strategy to ensure the department maintains contact with emerging technologies.
- Developed custom technologies that were adopted across sister facilities in Texas and California.
- Spearheaded successful projects that produced revenue of $700,000 - $1,200,000 per month.
Systems Administrator for custom home building operation spanning divisions in Austin, San Antonio and Houston, Texas. Provide leadership for application development on propriety “Point-of-Sale” pricing software. I have one assistant Systems Administrator to provide additional support.
- Rebuilt underperforming IT organization; developed/implemented 5-year plan, aligning IT with corporate goals.
- Centralized technology and upgraded infrastructure, systems and applications while restructuring/developing team.
- Provided detailed project status reporting as directed by senior management.
- Provided development, maintenance and updates to corporate webpage.
- Identified the information architecture and data structures needed to support business requirements.
Chief Information Officer
Chief Information Officer of Wilshire Homes, with responsibility for IT services across all enterprise divisions with emphasis on Information systems and media. Comprised of a staff of 3 full time employees and 3 contract employees, providing leadership to include systems design, software programming and design, project management, training, implementation of CRM, ERP applications, web design, data integrity, and migration of legacy systems to newer technologies. Reporting directly to Chief Operations Officer, the CIO position gives clout and ensuring IT’s independence. I participate in long-range, organizational strategic objectives while providing management necessary to achieve profits, growth, and goals of the entire organization.
- Full strategic and operational responsibility for IT organization with 6 support personnel across three divisions.
- 7 years experience in an IT senior management level position.
- 12+ years managing extensive enterprise-wide network and telecommunications operations while maintaining solid support team.
- Extensive project management experience in application development.
- Architect and developer of BPM using focused and innovative workflow resulting in surpassing corporate strategic goals.
- Led integration of ERP, CRM, POS, and webpage data.
- Centralized collaboration between divisional offices, departments, and teams enterprise-wide utilizing MS SharePoint, resulting accessing more accurate data in a timely manner by all personnel.
- Extensive development of SaaS application (Salesforce.com) for Sales and Marketing, resulting in 25% increase in sales targeting B2C workflow and reporting.
- Built BI analysis for reporting across all divisions resulting in accurate risk analysis, market behavior, and overall corporate performance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, providing senior leadership enterprise wide; manage operating/capital budgets.
- Led flawless transition of legacy ERP modernization and reengineered back-office operations.
- Assessed and provided input in the process of system integration and ran due diligence activities to ensure that all proposed initiatives are in line with the stated business objectives.
- Led POS (point of sale) software conversion rewrite (.net) utilizing on-shore and off-shore resources.
Southwest Texas State
University of Texas
CIO panel discussion with solution providers addressing mid-market issues.
CIO panel discussion with vendors and value-added partners addressing mid-market issues.