Principle PS Consultant
NCR Asia Pacific
Network Implementation Specialist ( July 2005 - April 2007)
Senior Technical Consultant ( May 2007 - January 2015)
Principle PS Consultant - (February 2015 - Present)
Evolved from a network implementation specialist in 2005 to currently one of NCR's principle network infrastructure architects and consultants in the Asia Pacific region.
Key responsibilities & deliverable s include:
- Business development in the areas of advanced services & field services
- Technical leadership in a variety of end -to-end network infrastructure projects
- Training & mentoring field engineers and consultants
- Providing pre sales support to sales teams, often leading the partnership with customers and service providers
- Project Management of large network infrastructures which include wireless, unified communications, security cloud and data centre focused technologies
Key Recent Business Development Initiatives:
Wireless LAN (WLAN) Practice
Lead a team in developing, from scratch, a WLAN (WiFi) surveying, design & deployment practice that provided more than $500K USD of new services business within it's 1st year. Today, WLAN surveying & related services is one of NCR's biggest services revenue generator in the Telecommunications & Technology (T&T) line of business.
Key tasks included:
- Identify the key niche wireless related services required by customers/services providers
- Understand NCR's current capabilities, conduct a gap & SWOT analysis, and present to key NCR stakeholders the skills, tools and associated budget required to deliver the required services
- Develop wireless surveying & installation training videos packages to be available online (via NCR University) in order to cost effectively provide training to more than 300 engineers around the APAC region
- Developed 'Wireless Surveying & Deployment Sales Pack' in order to provide Sales team the necessary strategic information to sell the wireless services.
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Field Services Development
After winning a break fix maintenance service contract with Cisco, NCR was tasked with the challenge of providing Cisco UCS 'technical hands-on' training to more than 150 NCR field engineers around the APAC region, within 4 months.
Due to my recent successes in similar initiatives, I was ask to lead the UCS training development program, where I delivered the following key services:
- Worked with Cisco to identify the required UCS training
- Developed a training package and methodology
- Initiated a 'train-the-trainer' where I personally conducted classroom 'hands-on' training to over 50 senior NCR field resources from the APAC region
- The training methodology was then rolled-out to several key locations around the APAC region where the training was executed by the locally trained resources.
Other business development initiatives include Security Health Check Service and currently in progress, supporting with developing the global Advanced Services Data Centre Practice.
Key Recent Advanced Services Projects:
International Fitness Club Franchise - Meraki Cloud Wireless
Key resource involved in designing, configuring & deploying a Cisco Meraki Cloud Wireless LAN, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solution for a large International Fitness Club Franchise across Asia Pacific.
International Banking Group - WLAN BYOD
Key resource involved in designing & deploying a Cisco Wireless LAN (WLAN) Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solution for a large International Banking Group, based in Australia.
The solution included secure enterprise access via 802.1x/EAP with Active Directory (AD/CA) authentication; and sponsored guest access utilising Cisco's ISE AAA web portal services.
The solution catered for up to 500 concurrent wireless users and spanned across two buildings/sites.
Key Cisco products deployed:
- 3602i Access Points (inc Clean Air)
- 5508 Wireless LAN Controllers
- 2960 Power over Ethernet Switches
- ISE Identity Services Engine
- MSE Mobility Services Engine
- PRIME-NCS PRIME Network Control System
International Banking Group - Data Centre Architecture Consulting
Was on-boarded for 4 months to provide Data Centre (DC) Architecture consulting services as part of a multi-million dollar major network infrastructure consolidation project.
Key services delivered included:
- Designing the core architecture for the Bank's new dual DCs, based on Cisco Nexus solutions
- Supporting the Bank's service delivery teams with developing a network infrastructure consolidation strategy, which primarily focused on the consolidation of five (5) DCs into two (2) new state-of-art DCs
- Vendors & Technologies proposed and designed during the consulting engagement included:
- Cisco Nexus 7000/5000/2000 series fabric switching solutions
- Cisco ASA Firewalls solutions
- OTV, VPC & VDC technologies
- F5 Load Balancing solutions
- Brocade & Cisco Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions
- vmware Virtualisation solutions, providing physical to virtual (P2V) host migration
High Profile Fast Food Chain - WiFi Hotspots
Lead designer involved in deploying WLAN WiFi Hotspots to over 250 stores, for a high profile International food chain company.
The WLANs were utilised by store staff members to securely connect back to corporate headquarters, as well as store customers provided with free BYOD Internet access.
The solution was based on Aruba Networks and comprised of Wireless Access Points, Controllers & Amigapod Captive Portal servers.
Involved in the design & deployment of a high speed Cisco based Ethernet MPLS WAN, to over 150 locations around Australia. The key technologies & features included:
- WAN edge Security
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic Load Balancing
- Cisco 3900/2900 series Routers
- Cisco ASA Series Firewalls
QBE South Pacific
Involved in the design & deployment of an Internet based, fully meshed, site-to-site VPN solution to more than ten (10) remote south pacific Island locations. The solution was based on Cisco 800 series routers & Cisco ASA series firewalls.
Involved in the design & deployment of a highly available & mobile ADSL/3G network to facilitate the rollout of NCR Self Service kiosks into Australia Post Stores around Australia.
Westpac, National Australia Bank (NAB) & CASCAL
Delivered design and consulting services for the migration of Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) from legacy SDLC/HDLC WAN to a fully converged IP WAN infrastructure. Also involved IP WAN network security consulting in the areas of data confidentiality, integrity and availability, following the PCI standards.
Onsite consulting & support for the entire Asia Pacific Cisco IP Voice network infrastructure. Included design & implementation of Cisco Call Manager (CCM & CCME) environments.