Events and Project Coordinator
Columbia College Chicago
Event and Project Coordinator (2007- Present)
- Lead producer on events such as Parent Weekend, Graduation Block Party, and U-Pass Distribution and assist with coordination of Commencement, Industry Night, and Printer's Ball
- Liaise with coordinating offices and departments to produce high quality events
- Coordinate rentals, catering, staffing, production and logistic needs for all office events
- Develop, manage, and track event management budgets of up to $150,000.
- Create and execute marketing and advertising campaigns for special events.
- Maintain communications for Parent Community including emergency communications, publishing monthly podcasts and producing monthly e-newsletters reaching over 2,000 parents
- Act as Webmaster for all web pages within the Parent Community; including art direction, design, maintenance, and updates for over 18 pages
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise student workers and interns
Assistant to Manifest Coordinator (2006-2007)
- Assisted in production of Manifest Urban Arts Festival including street team coordination, on site production, logistics, and outdoor stages with national guests such as Buddy Guy and Lupe Fiasco brining in over 20,000 people
- Assisted in improving giving guidelines and raising gift amounts reaching over $80,000
- Coordinated and staffed over 100 volunteers