PR Rep/ Event Coordinator
- Wrote press releases for major events including Nikki’s MTV Super Sweet 16
- Sent thank-you letters to all clients, setting up meetings between clients, DJ’s, and MC’s
- Contacted hotels, venues, clients, and all other participants involved in the party preparation process
- Produced creative ideas for events and parties
- Used DJ Webmin reservation software to schedule events and keep clients records organized
May 2009 - Present
Social/ Corporate Intern
- Assisting event designers in the social and corporate departments by writing proposals for Bar/ Bat Mitzvahs, Weddings and Fontainebleau clients, managing the company database, making sales calls, preparing worksheets for all other departments such as floral and production, creating personalized event ideas for clients and organizing the needs of sales managers.
- Operating the Goldmine databasing and inventory system to make sales calls, organize leads, create and execute activity lists and maintain the proper history of clients
May 2009 - Nov 2009
PR & Logistics Coordinator
- Building the start-up business by creating the marketing & digital media plan and business plan, designing the website concept, developing a mission statement and organizing all of the logistical details
- Developing event concepts, writing proposals, formatting menus and booking parties, cooking classes and dinners
- Organizing networking schedule based on local events and opportunities with local vendors and venues
Aug 2009 - May 2009
VP of Chapter Development & Finance
- Coordinated and oversaw all Chapter Development activities such as the creation of an annual lecture series entitled: “Hear it from the Experts!!!”, community service, chapter and national history education, scholarships and awards, chapter meeting coordination and the “Mock-Networking Scenarios Competition.”
- Showed leadership by being a member of the first full board for the FIU PRSSA chapter within a five year period. Worked with this board to develop creative recruitment efforts and increase membership from five to 60 members within a six month period.
- Developed and organized an original budget by determining necessary budgeting details such as event needs, national and regional convention allowances and collateral expenses
- Oversaw all sponsorship and fundraising coordination
- Created, developed and set precedents for the first Integrated Communications Council/ FIU PRSSA event planning team
May 2008 - Aug 2008
PR/ Publicity Director
- Aided in the preparation of events for the 2008 Georgia State Olympic Games
- Coordinated of all media and public relations, including development, website management, distribution, and editing of all news releases, PSA's, flyers, newsletters, registration forms and all other media inquires
- Took initiative to interview Evander Holyfield that led to the newsletter cover story and took place at his mansion
- Synchronized all statistical information
Jan 2006 - Present
- Currently pursuing a bachelors degree in mass communications with a concentration in public relations and a minor in dance.
- After graduating in December 2009, I will be moving back to Tampa, FL to pursue a career in the hospitality and communications industry.
Aug 2004 - Dec 2006
- Before transferring to Florida International University, I attended USF where I started as a Psychology major and then switched to a major in Pre-Mass Communications
- As a dance minor at USF, I trained with John Parks, Katurah Robinson and Mary Lynn Morris
One month into my internship at ME Productions, the social sales managers recognized the enthusiastic nature of my cold call sales abilities and asked me to write this template that is now used as a template for all interns at the company.
Every great event coordinator must be able to pay attention to detail. This includes being able to take clear and informative notes on a great lecture!
A Blog Proposal Written as a Team Effort with Two Other SJMC Students
Logistics are key... even when planning a small event like an interview.
After two semesters of organizing and reorganizing, I worked with the chapter president to create a leadership hierarchy to be used by all future e-boards.
A segment of one of my blog postings...
Deadlines should always be set after each meeting.
During the meeting, notes must be taken that coordinate with the agenda.
Two months into my position at ME, I worked with another intern to coordinate a baby shower for a co-worker.
As a leader, it is important to understand the importance of an agenda.
For an overall summary of my PRSSA accomplishments are highlighted here.