Academic director roles and responsibilities including marketing activities and teaching in the fashion design department.
- Coordinating an international and local team (up to 40 people)
- Operational resources – budget, timetable,resources
- Academic department meetings, attending PED meetings
- Staff development, ranking, assessments, staff and appraisals
- Interviewing new staff
- Peer observations, Internal and external moderations
- Curriculum development - integrating global fashion business
- Auditors and external moderators policies and procedures.
- Creative director of Graduation Shows, Fashion Shows/events
- Networking and orchestrating industry collaborations
- Public speaking: - seminars, TV, media interviews, judge
External Moderation Experience
I have experience working as the link coordinator with Northumbria University (2009-2010) in the UK through to KVB in Australia, to Degree (BA) Level.
MAC Cosmetics, ADIDAS Asia , INVISTA, Lloreal - Shu Uemura, Hotel Indigo, Hotel Atlet Century Park, Miss Tourism Indonesia, Dominos Pizza, MNC TV, Local and international Artists
I am experienced teaching to undergraduate/ Degree level. My method of delivery in the fashion design arena is to analyze the learning curve and project outcomes to gauge the best delivery, using a variety of visual aids, presentations, demonstrations and examples. With more than one approach, using a wide variety of visual aids my classes are delivered in a way to keep the learners interest high.
PhD - My research interest is in apparel technology, the development of an optimised sizing system for block pattern generation.
- Creative Cut - Stretch to Fit, Made to Fit. Conference Feb2016
- ShanghaiTex, Fashion X Function. Shanghai June 2015
- Interfilierie, Fashion Show. Hong Kong March 2015
- Fashion That Never Fades, Hong Kong. December 2014
- Media interviews Indonesia Feb-Mar 2012
- Critical evaluation of the final graduating year of a Degree in Fashion Design. Published July 2011
- Shanghai Cultural Fashion Forum, Motivation April 2011
- Triumph International Awards, Judge. Shanghai April 2011
- ICS Network ‘Design In China’ TV Interview. April 2010
- China Cup – Judge 2010
- Media Interviews in China 2009 – 2011
- China Cup - Judge 2009
- Invista, Trends in Fashion. Beijing May 2008
- Haining Warp Fashion Awards. Judge April 2008
- Marketing seminars, Raffles School 2006 – 2011
- Trade Show Participation - Pret A Porter trade show, Paris, Pure Women’s Wear Trade show, London, Coterie, New York, Premium, Berlin 2002-2006