A hands-on and pragmatic Human Resource Professional with 14 years of progressively more responsibility to include but not limited to: Employee Relations, Training, Employment &Recruitment, and Compensation. Extensive experience implementing policy and programs and resolving sensitive hospital issues.
Nov 2009 - Present
Human Resources Director
- Handle all employee relation issues
- Review and make changes to necessary policies
- Manage annual review process
- Participate in annual employee engagement survey
- Active member of the Employee Advisory Group as a consultant
- Administer meetings about HR initiatives to all staff
- Partner with Administrative team on strategic initiatives
- Manage the LMAT process
- Review and process annual staff increases
- Analyze staff salaries for equity
- Consultant to management staff varies employment laws
Jan 2007 - Nov 2009
Human Resources Manager
- Support Administration on Strategic Planning for hospital
- Develop HR budget for 2009
- Compensation analysis for all positions – Step Plan
- Review and modify job descriptions
- Conduct training classes about HR initiatives for all management staff
- Run queries to review staff’s productive hours in all departments
- Reduce turnover hospital wide year-over-year
- Worked with nursing staff to achieve Magnet designation
- Work on implement PMP process for all non-exempt staff
- Continue to promote and increase participation with Employee Engagement Survey each year
- Participate and support the Employee Advisory Group meetings and initiatives
- Actively participate on the Recruitment and Retention Committee
Mar 2004 - Mar 2008
SR. HR Generalist
·Guide management with the total compensation process and performance reviews.This includes bonus allocations, merit increases, officer nomination process, and balanced scorecards
·Manage the disability and FMLA process for Florida including all internal and external communications.
·Resolve complex benefit and payroll issues
·Advise managers on employee relation issues and performance improvement plans
·Coordinate and conduct Annual Benefit Enrollment meetings for Florida
·Create and maintain reports in Peoplesoft, Citrix and Excel
·Resource for the South Region regarding Peoplesoft, Citrix and Disability / FMLA
·Manage the new hire process, including processing new hire paperwork and conducting new hire benefits meeting
·Assist HR Manager with recruiting, including posting, pre-screening, interviewing and extending offers to candidates
·Create and maintain relationships with internal clients
·Conduct RIF meetings with impacted employees
·Manage the exit process, including exit interviews and termination of benefits
Aug 2005 - Jan 2007
SR. HR Generalist
HCA - Patient Account Services
- Participate in the Employee Advisory Group meetings and initiatives
- Responsible for all the recruiting for the hospital
- Implemented and monitor Healthy Work Environment initiatives
- Assisted with decreasing turnover rates in 2007 and 2008
- Implement and provide support with Employee Engagement Survey action plans
- Provide monthly human resources information to Division HR
- Manage day-to-day situations in a department of four
- Accomplished increasing salaries in three different departments based on market analysis
- Provide information regarding Internal Audit reports
- Implemented/assisted departments with action planning based on 2007 employee survey results
- Created better benefits communication based on employee survey result comments
- Researched and changed tuition policy for SW VA market
- Successfully implemented a recruiting action plan for ICU/PCU
- Coach department Directors in creating Performance Improvement Plans
- Research/Provide data for Magnet application
- Actively participate on the Recruitment and Retention committee
- Actively participate on the Diversity Team
- Managed HR department and tasks while Director was out
- Conducted meetings about 401K changes
Sep 2000 - Mar 2004
·Advise associates about our disability plan and send out appropriate letters and forms for all of the US.
·Input and maintain a disability database in Access to track information and keep managers informed.
·Maintain contact with our disability company regarding disability.
·Conduct monthly meetings for all new benefits eligible employees.
·Create and run reports in Showcase Query.
·Run quarterly reports regarding Employee Stock Purchase Plan contributions and eligible associates.
·Advise associates about their 401K and handle all 401K transactions in ADP database.
·Maintain data in AS 400 system pertaining to the ESPP or 401K plan.
·Process sick and vacation day requests.
Compensation Assistant - July 1998 to August 1999
Responsible for partnering with management to provide support as it relates to compensation in the corporate office and in the field.
·Review all Status / Rate Change forms and process corporate hourly transactions.
·Maintain Access databases and AS 400.
·Advise management on compensation recommendations for hires and promotions based on position, grade and equity.
·Create and maintain databases to track stock options and mail out letters.
·Correspond with our Brokerage company on our stock prices and facilitate actions to exercise the granted options (including: requesting checks and filling out the appropriate paperwork for the Brokerage company once the stocks have been exercised).
Employment Assistant - September 1997 to July 1998
Responsible for assisting Store Management with the hiring process of all new employees.
·Responsible for assisting store managers with mass hiring.
·Certified to administer drug testing at the corporate offices and communicate results to hiring managers.
·Conduct background reporting on prospective employees while following the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
·Create and maintain numerous databases in Access 2.0 and 7.0.
·Manage new hire process to include paperwork and orientation at corporate office.
·Arrange travel for employees and potential candidates.
·Assist with pre-employment screening.
·Administered termination paperwork for reduction in work force for stores and corporate departments.
·Handle 7-line switchboard during breaks and days off.