Director of Communications
Atlanta Public Schools
Responsible for development and implementation of all internal and external communication plans, ensuring their alignment with the strategic plan of Atlanta Public Schools. Markets the great work of the district's students and employees through the district's website, blog, social media channels, promotional films, employee news shows and intranet. Works in tandem with the district's Executive Director of External Affairs and Communications as well as the Associate Superintendent and Superintendent to implement strategic communications that result in factual media messaging, innovative public presentations, unique community relations efforts, creative graphics and publications and cohesive branding for the district.
- Writes and implements communication plans for divisions and departments within the district including curriculum and instruction, human resources, IT and the office of the superintendent.
- Develops talking points, as needed, for the Superintendent, Associate Superintendent and Board of Education.
- Supervises a team of communication officers who write, film and photograph stories for the district's blog and television station.
- Serves as the district's webmistress - responsible for over 33,000 pages of digital content.
- Leads the district's crisis communication annual planning.
- Responsible for all social media channels used by the district including Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr.
- Reviews press releases and media statements, when needed.
- Working with district archivist to create digital archives to compliment the district's museum.