Strategic leader and dynamic team player with mid-large business experience and a strong record of streamlining efforts while improving results. Committed to aligning partners, infrastructure, and processes with human capital to achieve strategic priorities.
Jun 2006 - Present
Manager, Sales Integration/Training
Team Manager/Coach/Player, training design and delivery, sales skills, new hire development
- Strategically planned and implemented holistic training programs in Enterprise, Acquisition, Global and Inside Sales segments.
- Developed and coached sales new hires and collaborated on segment specific new hire curricula.
- Led training delivery for continuing education and reinforcement.
- Supported sales professionals in 1:1 environment related to processes, products, systems/tools and sales skills to reinforce formal training.
- Collaborated with various internal groups and participated in projects related to process improvements and new sales tools as a result of consistent interaction with sales professionals.
- Consulted with sales leadership to support strategy, specific revenue objectives, new hires and product/marketing launches.
- Established, managed and supported effective communication programs, chatter groups, webinars and other initiatives.
- Formulated learning and development dashboards and reports to analyze and make appropriate changes to curricula and communication.
- Incorporated adult learning theories as well as various sales methodologies, such as Miller Heiman and Real ABCs of Selling (Sales Artist), Power Messaging, etc.
Sales Operations Program Manager / Strategic Operations Group Manager
Management, Communication, Training, Process Improvement
- Performed analysis and benchmarks of technical and “soft” knowledge and skills in order to develop training and development programs addressing identified gaps.
- Designed foundational sales methodology and reinforcement to standardize sales approach.
- Created request for proposals and managed external vendors to assist with training needs and certification of sales organization.
- Consulted with sales leadership to develop strategic plans and determine sales territory/channel focus.
- Created sales portals and supporting materials for new hires and reinforcement.
- Developed certification programs for sales and engineers.
- Defined sales processes and collaborated with systems team to implement
- Developed and delivered sales curricula and courses with games and other reinforcement.
- Developed sales communication and calendars to standardize and effectively manage channels.
- Identified process improvement opportunities and worked through to resolution.
Mar 1997 - Jan 2007
Sales Operations Group Manager
Team Leader, Performance Management, Compensation/Incentives, Recognition, Training, Communication
- Developed, implemented and managerd sales compensation and performance plans to drive desired behaviors, meet revenue objectives and support strategic goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Managed national lead generation programs to generate a $20M stream of revenue.
- Developed and administered non-cash incentive and recognition programs.
- Developed and delivered product, process and sales skills training to 500+ sales professionals and managers.
- Produced and implemented sales communication via various vehicles.
- Managed and deployed internal and external events.
Business Sales Support Group Manager
Team Leader, Process Design and Improvement, Communication
- Developed, implemented and managed business sales and contract administration methods, procedures, and business process improvement (BPI) initiatives with associated measurements.
- Proactively identified gaps and challenges with current processes and determined improvement design and measurements utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other methodologies.
- Led cross-functional Sales Automation Process Improvement Team which successfully developed a standard “best practice” sales process and created requirements for a new customer relationship management system (Salesforce.com) upon which to build a business case.
- Directed and teamed with systems group to develop SFA requirements and implementation.
Senior Account Executive
Sales (new logo and cross-sell/up-sell to existing customer base), Communications, Customer Service
- Led acquisition and retention efforts in the education market for the Fayetteville, NC sales office. Achieved quota in 3 months. Responsible for a $1,150,002.00 quota (pro-rated).
- Collaborated with sales engineering, marketing and other internal groups to develop customer solutions and corresponding ROI.
- Teamed with internal groups to deliver superior customer service during and after solution deployment.
Education/GovernmentMarket Channel Manager
Marketing Program Management, Sales, Communications
- Provided strategic direction and implemented programs related to education and government markets, E-Rate, and vertical portfolio solutions.Managed internal/external events designed to support strategic marketing plans and increase sales ensuring maximum return on business unit’s investment.
- Developed and delivered customer-facing presentations.
- Produced sales tools and collateral.
- Worked with various media outlets and local partners to produce coverage.
Marketing Communications Program Manager
Writing, Designing, Vendor Management, Project Management
- Led marketing communications programs involving website, advertising, direct marketing, branding, sports marketing, large and small business/market segment promotions.
- Managed Sprint’s local business website with management of lead handling process, content development, graphic design, navigation, promotion, and reporting.
- Directed various campaigns and collateral production.
- Managed relationships with various advertisiting agencies, coordinated and supervised timelines.
- Managed nationwide sponsorships.
M.S. Business Management
University of St. Mary
B. A. English