Teacher & Admin Coordinator
SAAMAR International Islamic School
Made children feel comfortable with the classroom environment by having a conducive environment that assisted in helping children learn.
- Applied various teaching tools and aids like computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Taught basic skills such as colour, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Prepared scheduled lesson plans in consultation with other teachers.
- Demonstrated activities to children.
- Maintained accurate and complete student records, reports on children and activities, in accordance with school policies.
- Planned and conducted activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provided students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Met with parents and guardians, counselors, and administrators to discuss and resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepared teaching materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Provided a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Conducted reading activities for the entire classes and small groups.
- Organized and led activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Planned and supervised class projects, field trips, visits by guests, and other experiential activities, and guided students in learning from those activities.